Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Sport Cams

j4y-r

B) hiya corolla people, just need some :help: on where to find some sport cams for my t sport, and also am lookin to paint my rims green on a grey ts is there a web site where i can look at my rims b4 i do the job. holla back at your bwoy jay-r

cheers for that info i have add that to my favorites. The green i think wud look cool but am not sure :unsure: the honda bwoy anit got nothing on me its a cts take over :P

So does this mean i need to remap my car as well :rolleyes: . I didnt understand that graph. :huh: thanks tho mate am sure its cost less as well.

ya i have ordered from MWR a couple of times and they have always been decent. good price for the cams too...

i will find out the price for a remap then calculate it all together ££££££ big bucks

sorry missed your 2nd post.. no on stock ecu u can take the mwr stage 3 cams...

you cant really tune the ecu without either a CAMCON (adjust fuel trim and VVT timing), Emanage ( fuel and ignition) or PFC (adjust everything replaces stock ecu).

get a good intake, cams and a ported exhaust manifold and that should see you quite well...obviously exhaust as supporting would be good.

It will run like crap on those cams, you would be better off buying stage 2s and keep it simple. You wont be making optimum use of those cams until you get a power fc, To make good gains you will need to be redlining higher to bring out the best of them. If you plan to raise the rev limit invest some serious money into the bottom end.

It wont be a simple remap either, You most definitely need the power fc, I can get you a PFC harness for £325 for the UK cars.

Do your harnesses come with a warranty? What gurantees will the manufacturer make against damage caused by a wiring fault? I'd like more power, maybe internals who knows! So this is clearly something I will need. :)

Be prepaired that if you run agressive cams your engine will run like a bag of sh** at all RPMs other than high which imho is absolutly useless for a road car. Piper stg 2 is as high as i would go if your using your car on the road.

This is somthing i looked into when having my head rebuilt and decided that until my corolla is retired from road use then i'd rather have stock cams and then go for the most agressive cam kit i can find, along with valves and springs for track use.

I just think that the reduction in everyday drivability is not worth the 15 or so (claimed) bhp gain at the top end, you'd be better off going for intake mani, header and free flow exhaust for similar gains. more expensive but better for road use.

All imo of course, each to their own and all that ;)

Be prepaired that if you run agressive cams your engine will run like a bag of sh** at all RPMs other than high which imho is absolutly useless for a road car. Piper stg 2 is as high as i would go if your using your car on the road.

This is somthing i looked into when having my head rebuilt and decided that until my corolla is retired from road use then i'd rather have stock cams and then go for the most agressive cam kit i can find, along with valves and springs for track use.

I just think that the reduction in everyday drivability is not worth the 15 or so (claimed) bhp gain at the top end, you'd be better off going for intake mani, header and free flow exhaust for similar gains. more expensive but better for road use.

All imo of course, each to their own and all that ;)

sorry missed your 2nd post.. no on stock ecu u can take the mwr stage 3 cams...

you cant really tune the ecu without either a CAMCON (adjust fuel trim and VVT timing), Emanage ( fuel and ignition) or PFC (adjust everything replaces stock ecu).

get a good intake, cams and a ported exhaust manifold and that should see you quite well...obviously exhaust as supporting would be good.

what sort of gains does porting the manifold give?

what on earth are you basing that on?

i think you lack some knowledge because you reference piper cams which are reknown to be absoutely useless anyway....

what reduction in driveability? have you seen the MWR dyno? the car makes 10+ whp at all rpm...given that only about 3 people have these cams, and i doubt you are one of them, i am not sure what you are basing your opinion on?

what on earth are you basing that on?

i think you lack some knowledge because you reference piper cams which are reknown to be absoutely useless anyway....

what reduction in driveability? have you seen the MWR dyno? the car makes 10+ whp at all rpm...given that only about 3 people have these cams, and i doubt you are one of them, i am not sure what you are basing your opinion on?

This dyno?

MWR-300915-S.jpg

Notice the fact that the graph starts at 4250rpm and the stock cams are higher at this point. extapolate the curves past the Y axis and i guarantee below 4250rpm performance in terms of bhp and especially torque will be sustantially reduced. Also assuming that the blue line is torque and the green is power since the graph isn't labled or explained.

This to me is a reduction in everyday drivability.

Have you driven a car with piper stage 3s?

I have, Its not very comfortable. Also MWR Piper Dynos....No individual managed to yield those gains independently, Have you seen gustavos build? Hes only making optimum power with the cams because he has a whole build to support them! Hes an expert at tuning the 2zz-ge.

Piper cams are useless when you dont have any other bits to support them, MWR Stage 3 cams are a step up from the piper stage 3s, There for that bit extra.

I agree with dailey87, Camcon wont let you tune enough its good for a small tune for a DD car

Sadly have to agree :P

Cams on an otherwise stock head/block would be almost criminal :!Removed!:

If its tuning for the sake of bragging rights go for it, it will always be your choice. If its tuning for the sake of future plans and specific goals, bat on my friend bat on . But arguably there are other things you might want to consider at the same time as previously stated.

MWR are great guys, The dyno provided for the cams for the pipers were optimistic and from one of their customers. I read up on a few builds with piper cams and many are happy with the stage 2s but the stage 3 guys were always looking for more. MWR stage 3s answered there question but what you need to remember is, There is more out there in the market for the 2zz-ge without the hassle of building it.

Ricc the PFC harness wont come with warranties, I have to test the harness with a power fc first, I reckon for the moment there will be problems. The pinouts we worked with seem to be cool but there were huge differences in the ECU layout from the american cars. Also the tuning aspect you cannot drop the PFC in as the base map will not run well with our car, Possibility of engine damage if something goes wrong. Without having a physical t-sport in america the harness cant be tested with a PFC, Base mapping is also a big problem, The PFC will have to run parallel with the stock ecu for some of its features on our cars.

Updates should commence near the summer.

My friend is having horror stories with his PFC at the moment as the unit is faulty and apexi cannot find anything wrong with it. I would have used his PFC and grabbed the harness but for now i dont have the time or the money to get caught up with a big bill if something goes wrong.

Forget cams if you wont support them for optimum power, buy a PPE header.

yea green is hp and blue is torque on that chart.

to me it just looks like they started the dyno pull and went wot at 4250 rpm or something, hence the steep rise before that, but i could be wrong..also mwr dont make stage 1 or 2's only 3. and i wouldnt go down the piper route...so if it is cams go for mwr and see what happens?

but yea an intake/header/ppe exhausr would probably give decent gains but cost more.

building a commerical pfc harness for uk cars is also made more difficult because the pin out differs on facelift/pre facelift models i would also expect also due to the low volumes for demand not many ppl will be willing to make them, at the moment farhanali89 and his supplier is the only source i know of!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links