Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lindop Performance Power Chip

rogerbu

I fitted a Lindop chip to my 2009 Avensis 2.2 180 Diesel a few months ago. Here are my impressions.

As a 'Geriatric Caravan tower' rather than a 'boy blunder', these impressions might not apply to everyone.

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/component/co...article/67.html

Company - very professional and helpful. Delivery fast.

Product - quality feels good.

Instructions - Clear and effective. No issues

Fitting - One cover lifted off and two plug & sockets opened and Chip plug and sockets inserted. Connection then made tp Ground & +12v. Initial fit was about 10 minutes. Temporary removing and reinstalling without removing the Ground/+12v takes 2 minutes.

Performance - The most noticable improvement is in the smoothness of power. The pre turbo flat spot seems to have been eliminated. Acceleration is more willing.

Consumption/MPG - A very slight improvement in MPG. I have checked carefully by comparing repeated journeys (both with & without chip) using Cruise at 70MPH on motorways and Speed limiting at 33/44/55. The improvement is between 2-4 MPG. ie 5% at most.

Towing - I haven't yet been able to test towing a caravan. This is the area I am hoping for the most help from the chip, both Torque & MPG - I will report back later on this.

Overall - There seems to no case to fit the Lindop Chip to save money. It will take at least 70,000 miles to break even. However the power increase and smoother & quicker acceleration effects are noticable and real.

I shall be leaving it installed

Hi Rogerbu

As one self confessed geriatric to another, I have had the Lindop unit on my 2.2 TR for almost two years now, it would seem that this unit works in a different way as on mine you have to connect four sets of wires to the injectors.

Mine also greatly increases the willingness of the motor and irons out the pre turbo flat spot, I appear to get a slightly better increase in MPG to you as I get around 5-6 MPG increase.

Like you I bought the unit as I tow a caravan, now this is where the unit really comes into its own, the increase in torque is outstanding and the increase in MPG is unreal. most years since retiring I take my van to the south of France twice a year.

Last year on the way across Belgium on the autoroute I had the cruise control set at 60 (yes I know its illegal in Belgium) the MPG indicator was showing 36mpg, I have wired my unit through an on/off switch, I switched the unit off and immediately the MPG dropped to 27, switching back on it then slowly climbed back up to 36, I was so amazed I tried again two or three times and got the same result, so for me I expect to have the unit paid for in rather less than 70,000. :D

Are either of the mpg figures quoted in the previous posts based on the onboard computer or using brim to brim fuel fill up calculations.:)

As one self confessed geriatric to another, I have had the Lindop unit on my 2.2 TR for almost two years now, it would seem that this unit works in a different way as on mine you have to connect four sets of wires to the injectors.

The 2.2 T180 and 2.2 NON Dcat have different kits, all new 2.0 Avensis have the T180 kit fitted as well

The T180/2.0 kits fit to fuel pressure and boost pressure sensors whereby most other models are injector boxes which piggy back to each injector lead, the T180 kits are NOT adjustable but the injector boxes have four settings that you can easily change for power or economy

We do a full range for D4D models, but not early Avensis models

PM me for prices or availability

Kingo :thumbsup:

Are either of the mpg figures quoted in the previous posts based on the onboard computer or using brim to brim fuel fill up calculations.:)

My MPG figures above (+5%) are primarily based off the on-board computer. However I have compared the OBC display with Brim to Brim measurement over several tankfuls. There was virtually no difference (unlike a previous BMW & Accord that both over egged the MPG by 10%).

I have also compared the On-board computer speed against measured kilometer moterway posts, again the OBC was very accurate. As we all know the normal speedo is nearly 10% over reading.

Hi James

I have checked the average MPG using the amount put in the tank dived by the mileage covered and yes it is a real improvement. the figures I stated whilst towing are just the computer readout, but it is pretty accurate as the average MPG on the computer whilst towing is as near as damn it to the checked fill up - mileage.

Evening all.

What sort of insurance increase did you get from this? as a 'performance mod' they'll definitely want to know and its usually based on the % power increase of the product. Its the premium hike that puts me off from getting one...

Hi Chandler32

Sorry about the delay getting back. Before I fitted the unit to my car I contacted my insurers to find out how they felt about it, they wanted the full spec on the unit, power and torque increase etc, this was kindly sent to me by Lindop, I sent this on to my insurers and the answer was, :) no additional premium :) .

If in doubt ask before you buy one.

Hope this helps

Regards

Revband

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links