Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 No Longer Part Of The Recall

duncerduncs

Just been announced on twitter (whatever that is!) and their website :thumbsup:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/recall/

Duncs, if i had your mobile number i have a text that explains exactly what a Twitter is. but its definately not something i could post on here.. :shutit: Stew

Just been announced on twitter (whatever that is!) and their website :thumbsup:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/recall/

oh crumbs

my mothers got a '07' yaris 1.3 zinc

that will be its 3rd recall then...for various modifications

she aint happy..bless her :(

Duncs, if i had your mobile number i have a text that explains exactly what a Twitter is. but its definately not something i could post on here.. :!Removed!: Stew

Stew

I have the same text........sooo funny :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity would Toyota also reimburse your fuel costs for returning your car for accelerator modifications.

Whilst it's good the hear that my car is not affected, it is also worrying that a few people have reported this (or a very similar) problem on the RAV4 over the last couple of years ...

I wonder if its mainly all the Automatics that are being recalled as a priority??????

Is there a toyota spare part number for the affected accelerator mechanism?????

Anyone know whats actually changed? On the news last night they mentioned that the affected part will have a metal clip fitted?

I wonder if its mainly all the Automatics that are being recalled as a priority??????

Is there a toyota spare part number for the affected accelerator mechanism?????

Anyone know whats actually changed? On the news last night they mentioned that the affected part will have a metal clip fitted?

Not that I claim to understand any of it but... here you go :

LINKY

Hmmmmm don`t understand it myself?

I wonder if this bit of metal has a part number?

Any one on here been recalled yet?

I'm just off to work now but I will explain what is happening in more detail later. I have to say that although we have heard of 2 (not "numerous" as quoted) that there is a lot of hype associated with all this - like we were all definitely going to get wiped out with swine flu not long ago.

It is derived from US blame culture and I don't like or subscribe to it.

I wrote out a huge reply to this and when I tried to post it my internet connection dropped out and I lost it so I will come back to this when I've finished sulking. :angry:

I wrote out a huge reply to this and when I tried to post it my internet connection dropped out and I lost it so I will come back to this when I've finished sulking. :angry:

Sorry Anchs, but that really made me laugh....happens to me all of the time!

Me too, on long posts i now resort to copy and pasting what I write into a text file and save it, every 5 mins just incase.

This is from the Toyota recall website, the link to it is in my signature

Toyota has pinpointed the issue that could, on rare occasions, cause accelerator pedals in recalled vehicles to stick in a partially open position. The issue involves a friction device in the pedal designed to provide the proper "feel" by adding resistance and making the pedal steady and stable. The device includes a shoe that rubs against an adjoining surface during normal pedal operation. Due to the materials used, wear and environmental conditions, these surfaces may, over time, begin to stick and release instead of operating smoothly. In some cases, friction could increase to a point that the pedal is slow to return to the idle position or, in rare cases, the pedal sticks, leaving the throttle partially open.

Toyota's solution for current owners is both effective and simple. A precision-cut steel reinforcement bar will be installed into the assembly that will reduce the surface tension between the friction shoe and the adjoining surface. With this reinforcement in place, the excess friction that can cause the pedal to stick is eliminated. The company has confirmed the effectiveness of the newly reinforced pedals through rigorous testing on pedal assemblies that had previously shown some tendency to stick.

There will be a part number for it in due course but you wont be able to order one, they will be supplied to dealers on a "number of vehicles affected in your area" basis

The parts will be available shortly, so nobody has been recalled yet, if you need to check if your car is affected, visit the recall website (link in my signature below)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links