Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d 2.2 Missed A Service

Barnacles

Hi this is my first post here. Recently bought a 57 plate Avensis 2.2 D-4D T3-S with 38000 miles. Cheap because the service history isn't great. Actually it's fairly terrible - first service at about 14000 miles, then second one at 38000 miles (unless it got done in between and they forgot to stamp it...? no, maybe not). I was aware when I bought it that the manufacturer's warranty wouldn't be valid.

Having read some of the posts here, I'm starting to wonder.... have I made a terrible mistake? Should I go and buy a warranty quick?

On the plus side, it drives like a brand new car. Nothing obviously wrong with it.

Can the D4d engine cope with 24000 miles between services without storing up big problems?

Any advice welcome

The best thing would be to get you car checked by local mechanic or even official Toyota service. Otherwise if there si no hidden fault I think the car should be fine.

You tend to find if its been an ex-fleet car or a sales reps car, the service intervals are missed or incomplete. A lot of the time its sheer laziness on their part as it means a day off the road. My car had a 40k service then nothing till 82k! I'm over 100k now and had no issues other than an injector fault which was fixed under warranty.

Your car at that low amount of miles should be fine. Just make sure you keep to the service intervals.

Hi this is my first post here. Recently bought a 57 plate Avensis 2.2 D-4D T3-S with 38000 miles. Cheap because the service history isn't great. Actually it's fairly terrible - first service at about 14000 miles, then second one at 38000 miles (unless it got done in between and they forgot to stamp it...? no, maybe not). I was aware when I bought it that the manufacturer's warranty wouldn't be valid.

Having read some of the posts here, I'm starting to wonder.... have I made a terrible mistake? Should I go and buy a warranty quick?

On the plus side, it drives like a brand new car. Nothing obviously wrong with it.

Can the D4d engine cope with 24000 miles between services without storing up big problems?

Any advice welcome

I wouldn't worry about it too much, some Vauxhall diesels service schedules are every 30,000.

Any advice welcome

I wouldn't worry about it too much, some Vauxhall diesels service schedules are every 30,000.

If you really got it cheap, I would personally bite the bullet and shop it around for a full sevice at a Mr.T. to at least get it "back to spec"., and make sure the pollen filter gets done (or preferably do that yourself....dead easy at back of glove box.) The importance of clean oil in a car should never be underestimated.

I had a 2.2D4D up to last September and loved it, so enjoy. If a local trusted guy is available to you, get him to do it with an OEM Toyota Service Pack / bits.

Regards,

Big Kev. :D

Fuel Filter was/is due at 40k

Our Verso doesnt have a perfect SH but our Mr T has had no issue with warranty jobs being done FOC.

Many mechanics are of the opinion that 24K between oil changes is pushing it. If it were mine I would change the engine oil and filter every 12K if only to help preserve the turbo (if fitted).

Modern oils can perform for long periods but contamination is always going to be a problem.

Many people fail to realise that engine oil not only lubricates but also cools the internal components of an engine (especially where a turbo is fitted) and dirty oil will be less effective at cooling.:)

Hi,

I have owned several Toyotas in the past, and now own a T180 Avensis. I have never serviced my cars at manufacturers recommended times. I always use Mobil One oil and change it every 25k to 30k miles. I buy my Toyotas at low mileage (15-30k) and sell them at 200k. I have never had a problem. My last car, which was treated exactly the same was a Supra MkIV Twin Turbo!!

As long as you use very good synthetic oil, service intervals are a non-event.

Im sure the technicians here will disagree, but I reckon Ive done 1million miles on this basis without a problem.

Regards

N

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links