Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ecu

Theorist

anyone know how long it takes our ECU to adapt to things like different fuel and induction kits?

200+ miles giving it some serious wedge. bat on.

best be t is to reset the ecu which defaults to a full bore mapping.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys been trying to find the post that tells you which fuse to pull to reset the ECU can you help please, as I have just filled up with super unleaded for the first time and want to give it a go.

Also is pulling the fuse the right way to go about it as on toyota australia it says to dissconnect the Battery for half hour.

Hi guys been trying to find the post that tells you which fuse to pull to reset the ECU can you help please, as I have just filled up with super unleaded for the first time and want to give it a go.

Also is pulling the fuse the right way to go about it as on toyota australia it says to dissconnect the battery for half hour.

In relation to this. I seen the post about taking the fuses out, but i was told if you go in to your key and insert the key. Turn it all the way without actually turning the engine one, and then keep your foot down on the accelerator for about 40 sec. The engine light will flash and you have reset your ecu.

I was wondering how long it would take the ecu to adjust aswell, after doing air filter and oil etc on my car.

usual mileage for a typical reset is circa 200 miles.

pulling the fuses defaults the ecu back to full map, no economy (so they say). discon the Battery is the same.

never heard of or done the key to pos3 and accelerator. fuses seem way easier ;)

Also is pulling the fuse the right way to go about it as on toyota australia it says to dissconnect the battery for half hour.

In relation to this. I seen the post about taking the fuses out, but i was told if you go in to your key and insert the key. Turn it all the way without actually turning the engine one, and then keep your foot down on the accelerator for about 40 sec. The engine light will flash and you have reset your ecu.

I was wondering how long it would take the ecu to adjust aswell, after doing air filter and oil etc on my car.

I have seen the post you are on about "holding pedal down" it did say this is the way to do it for a compressor

I have seen the post you are on about "holding pedal down" it did say this is the way to do it for a compressor

Sorry about the double post don't know what happened there.

Just been and tried the holdin pedal down malarky and not a sausage.

Maybe PFL and FL are different on the settings!!

Just yank the fuses...

Fuses1.jpg

Just the 2 Blue 15 Amp fuses will do the trick. I didn't mean to circle the green 30Amp. :lol:

That's the box under the bonnet on the right hand side, incase you don't tell.

That only works on Compressor's ;)

I did add to that post check if you want but I have seen somewhere on here that is the method for the compressor model.

Just been out myself and pulled the fuses and it reset the radio and clock so I am assuming that the ECU is reset aswell.

Just took it for a blast aswell as it has had its first full tank of super to try.

Link to photo for lids :thumbsup:http://www.flickr.com/photos/30785535@N05/4379269722/

Link doesn't work. :)

Yea.. forgot to mention that it'll reset your clock and radio. haha...

Downside to remove Battery is Windows need to be reset. So fuses is always the easiest option for me.

Link doesn't work. :)

Yea.. forgot to mention that it'll reset your clock and radio. haha...

Downside to remove battery is Windows need to be reset. So fuses is always the easiest option for me.

Not a problem just didn't expect it. link update http://www.flickr.com/photos/30785535@N05/4379269722/

Not a fanboy of the brows. makes the front end look dopey/half asleep, which the car is far from!

Also removes the limited front end aggression the CTS carries.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links