Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Mats

fozzy1

Collected my iQ mid Nov and the mat is already wearing through by the clutch pedal. I'll be calling in to get a replacement, has anyone else had the same problem?

I bought the set on my own as I didn't get any when I bought my BEAST...I paid 24 quid or so from 'mr car mats' web site...delivery was quick and the quality is decent

Collected my iQ mid Nov and the mat is already wearing through by the clutch pedal. I'll be calling in to get a replacement, has anyone else had the same problem?

Yep, got exactly the same thing. Only noticed it when cleaning the car out last week but it is certainly worse than any other manufacturers mats I've ever had in my cars before :angry:

I have noticed the same. Got original toyota mats and only done 1500 miles and mine's the automatic. Also same problem in my 2003 Avensis manual- already onto second set of mats in 4 years. Used to have a 5 series BMW that I had for seven years and the mats looked as good as new with no signs of wear. Might have to try third party mats.

same problem here as well.

Surely the matt is not fit for purpose if we are all experiencing the same thing.

Same here had my IQ six weeks!! also mine are the thicker pile ones at about £76 so not too happy! I might get a rubber mat for the drivers area and keep carpets everywhere else.

Hi all,

I never orderd any mats when i got my iQ as they only had those horrible velour mats,i prefer the solid rubber mats.So i got these off of ebay ebay rubber mats.. B) ...............

:( :( they don't ship to Portugal... :( :(

Toyota mats have full Toyota warranty, take them back and have them replaced

Don't be tempted into mats that cannot be fixed to the carpet, they could possibly creep under the accelerator pedal :eek:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi Parts King,

How are the recommended "genuine mats" supposed to be attached? as there are NO fixing points as shown in my pic below!. :huh:

post-63295-1265909147_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The fixing point are just at the front of the step - where you can see the flap in the carpet. took me ages to find them.

I had to cut the carpet slightly as wasn't quite "perforated" enough and they were hidden.Think I had to turn them 90degrees to hold the mats. full instructions were supplied with the mats although it wasn't obvious at first EXACTLY where the fixings are

• 3 years later...

10,000 miles and the driver's mat worn through and frankly dangerous (despite passing a "mat security "check less than a month ago)

Has anyone successfully claimed "foul" and got a free replacement ?

Hi, Same issue as per above posts. My standard IQ carpet and mats are cheap and wear quickly, carpet under right heal area is already worn right through, the only answer is to buy and fit a better quality.

Perhaps Rubber Matt's are likely be more hard wearing, poor Quality from Toyota in my view.

Positive Regards, Bob

I guess the rubber mats would be harder wearing, but they look a bit "agricultural" to my mind.

I took the drivers mat out last night and the problem is clearly that the foam backing and intermediate layer have completely disintegrated. Luckily the actual "mat" is not damaged as such, but the whole thing has lost rigidity under the clutch pedal and so will not stay flat every time you change gear. Dangerous.

Anyway, a couple of layers of Duck tape over the worn underside has gone a long way to restoring rigidity and the mat was fine on the way into work today. An invisible repair that may give the mat and extra lease of life . Eventual replacement is inevitable I guess, but it gives me a bit of time to start an argument with Toyota regarding the quality and life expectancy of their accessories (which I assume come with some sort of warranty)

I guess the rubber mats would be harder wearing, but they look a bit "agricultural" to my mind.

I took the drivers mat out last night and the problem is clearly that the foam backing and intermediate layer have completely disintegrated. Luckily the actual "mat" is not damaged as such, but the whole thing has lost rigidity under the clutch pedal and so will not stay flat every time you change gear. Dangerous.

Anyway, a couple of layers of Duck tape over the worn underside has gone a long way to restoring rigidity and the mat was fine on the way into work today. An invisible repair that may give the mat and extra lease of life . Eventual replacement is inevitable I guess, but it gives me a bit of time to start an argument with Toyota regarding the quality and life expectancy of their accessories (which I assume come with some sort of warranty)

Please let us know how you get on regards Toyota's response regarding warranty.

10,000 miles and the driver's mat worn through and frankly dangerous (despite passing a "mat security "check less than a month ago)

As I posted in 2010, Toyota genuine car mats carry a 12 month warranty. Call into your dealer with your receipt and get them replaced, simples ;)

As I posted in 2010, Toyota genuine car mats carry a 12 month warranty. Call into your dealer with your receipt and get them replaced, simples ;)

Excellent. Thank you - I'll try that. I don't have an individual receipt for the mats as they were fitted on delivery of the car new. So it's a moot point if I "paid" for them .... but I shall try a polite request to have them replaced under warranty.

Hmm... my mats were worn out just after 2 years... and 24.000 kilometers about. Some really sh*tty material..

Worn down to a hole, on the place where I put the heel of my shoe.

Made a new one from an old (double spare) one from a Toyota Verso...

Here the pics: http://s676.photobucket.com/user/realbutcher/slideshow/iQ-%20Vloermat-versleten-en-vervangen-

One pic: DSC00247.jpg

This one is now getting worn down also... at 41.500 kilometers... in the third year. So this one will be also worn down in 2 years... hmmm...

Well anyways..... I liked making this floor-mat... :-)

PS-1: I did NOT put the Toyota brand on the "new" carpet...

PS-2: I did not have my hand in front of the running "decoupe-saw-thing"(?)... it was not running / only for the photo.... be careful with machines... they are looking for you!!

A few years ago Cannon Automotive did driver's heel pads - heavy rubber pad (approx. 9ins long by 6ins wide by 1/2 inch thick) topped with carpet - which were designed to sit in front of the pedals and for one to rest one's heels on when operating the pedals. Ideal protection for the carpet/carpet mats from heel wear.

We bought one for each car and have swopped the heel pads over when we've had new cars. Not sure how long we've had them now (it has been since at least 2003) - but they do precisely what they were designed for, don't move in use, and don't interfere with the pedals.

I got some fitted ones (eventually) from the dealer and they seem quite nice, however, in my Vitara I bought some mats from Ambassador in Wigan. They are very good and I was able to order a full set plus an extra drivers side one for very little extra.

Fuuny you say that as I noticed today that our carpet, as it rises a little to the left of the clutch pedal, has worn very badly. Lately I have had a problem with my left knee and need to keep it moving now and again or it siezes up. I have mats that are tailored for the iQ, but not original rip off priced Mr. T. mats.

Aha, Me thinks me misread this post. I have carpet wear! :eek:

See the other pics in my post below. :crybaby:

Here are some pics of the mats held in place by the hooks. The hooks are very cheap to buy from Mr. T. -and easy to break if not careful with feet. Easy to fix too. In your picture you can see the two small flaps of carpet facing the pedals, lift one to see where the clips go. They slot in having turned the clip to face left or right, then gently push them in, and twist level so hooks are upright as in pics, easy peasy.

post-113536-0-90216200-1371927422_thumb.

post-113536-0-15225500-1371927441_thumb.

post-113536-0-90226400-1371928324_thumb.

post-113536-0-61304800-1371928343_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Dealer wiggled but eventually conceded defeat. New set of mats provided free.

Result.

Its quite diisapointing that Toyota cannot get car matt quality right first time.

Quality of some IQ parts are not very good in the car interior

Toyota Lean Manufacturing principles incorrectly focussed ?

Too much focus on cost reduction rather than quality ?

Thats my view.

Quality aside - My main complaint is that the only mat subject to hard wear is the driver's and you can't just replace that one. The fact that no manufacturer (as far as I know) provides the option of just replacing the driver's mat is sheer profiteering.

Are these mats seen as a disposable item ? purely to protect the carpet and be replaced at regular intervals. Whatever, most would agree , 12 months light use is NOT acceptable quality and I guess the dealer (eventually) agreed.

The rather nice lady on the parts desk agreed almost straightaway that this wasn't acceptable and let slip "we get some mats back after 2 months"...... it was (I presume) her boss who had to be persuaded to make the exchange. As I previously said, he wiggled a bit ... " car ( mat) is 13 months old not 12 months , not really allowed etc etc" ...... but polite persistence paid off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links