Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Mats

fozzy1

This is now becoming quite a long post regarding IQ matt quality, Car matt quality is not that hard to get right from a quality and design perspective, I hope that someone in Toyota is reading this lot and can then accept that cutting corners on matt quality on a quite expensive car for its type is not going to sell lots more IQ's.

All this bad press over something quite simple is not providing a "good customer experience" I know its only a "Matt" however its often the little things that count when it comes to creating a happy satisfied customer base.

Positive Regards, Bob.

Dealer wiggled but eventually conceded defeat. New set of mats provided free.

Result.

Result indeed. Did you stare him in the eyes and not blink once?

My next set of mats will be the cut to shape rubber variety, and no, I have no fetish for them, just hope the longevity is better and I can cover all areas my clods go when sitting in the car waiting for my wife to do the weekly shop. Why don't I go around with her, trolley rage, but most of all, well, almost most of all, when you stand somewhere and nothing is behind you, yet these morons try and look behind you like you're trying to hide something from them. If only it were one of them there loudy air horns!

Biggest thing for me is my achey bones. I can go in all fine sometimes, and then in minutes or less, I am in quite a bit of pain, which often leads to the above symptoms of trolley and 'what are you hiding' syndrome from morons. Sorry, rant over.

On a funny note, my brother in law down in Essex bought a baguette one day in Tesco, and it wouldn't scan -on the self service tills. In the end, he used it to batter the self service till until all that was left was a tiny bit he had held onto to destroy it. He handed that piece to the security guy, gave him a knowing look and walked out.

:blowup:

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the saga of the mats.

Free replacement is wearing at an alarming rate.

2 weeks light use and the pile is badly compacted. The photo hasn't quite caught how bad they are.Utter rubbish quality. What a shame. Accepting these were freebies of which I am of course grateful it is still not a particularly satisfying experience.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r501/nickkr/IQForum/IMAG0897_zps9340241c.jpg

Having had a number of new cars (Nissans, Hondas, Mazdas, Toyotas and a Hyundai -17 since 1987), car mats seem to be of a comparable quality across all the makes we've had. The life of the driver's mat, for us, seems to be about 2 years, and as we keep our cars on average for three years, we order two sets of car mats when we order each new car.

• 1 month later...

My repaired mat has worn down... again...

P1060970_zps18822fcf.jpg

The first time I made a whole new one from a new mat from the Toyota Verso... It was very stirdy...but still... This one has a worn down spot now.

So instead of bying a new one... I took parts of the leftovers from the former one that I used to make a new one with...

Took a small peace...drilled some holes....took some "pop" things (rivets?) and some small rings, so they would hold...

Will take it for a ride to see how this feels...

P1060973_zpsa93d6c56.jpg

P1060972_zps7011904d.jpg

P1060976_zps4163141f.jpg

P1060978_zpsc8963093.jpg

Another job for Peter the fixer. Hope it holds up to hard use. I want to get some rubber mats, cut them to shape so they protect what's left of the carpet on the left of the drivers footwell. In this picture you can see I have circled the worn carpet, however it is much worse than that now, this is because in the manual there is nowhere on the mat to rest my left foot.

post-113536-0-62312500-1378592444_thumb.

Another job for Peter the fixer. Hope it holds up to hard use. I want to get some rubber mats, cut them to shape so they protect what's left of the carpet on the left of the drivers footwell. In this picture you can see I have circled the worn carpet, however it is much worse than that now, this is because in the manual there is nowhere on the mat to rest my left foot.

Hai Bob,

Strange this....it's a righthanddrive? I guess... ;-)

And it is a wear on the original carpet of the car...what use does this extra car-mat have... Wrong design in this case...

In my car, there is a small foot-bench-like thing ... where I can rest my left foot on, next to the door and upfront.

Indeed very strange that they have not made something similar for the other part of the car... weird...

So actually you would have two spots that wear out....

How about gluing a hard plastic thing on the floor there...like the soul of a shoe that you can buy to repair the worn-out bottom / soul of your leather shoe.

If you glue it upside down there would be a pattern as anti-slip....

But actually this should not happen at all, cause it is damaging the original floorcarpet...damn...

Greets,

Peter

Mmn

Part of me believe (and its no excuse) that its down to shoes

My car has had a previous owner and came new with the embroided "iQ on them. Well 46,000miles later they are not worn. I alone have driven it for the last 32,000 miles. I only wear trainers unless "going out" so not subjecting the mat to the hard edge of a shoe. So there you have it. When buying the car , Toyota should advise only to wear trainers when driving the car. Sorted

David

With me, it's the heel of my shoe causing trouble.

Apparently I put my foot on the accelerator/gas-pedal in a very oblique way, so my right outer heel of the shoe (always Nike Air Max) wears the carpet down.. Always thought that I sat straight in front of the steering wheel, but noooo... My foot tangles to the right..

But this was only to show that a repair can be soo much cheaper than to buy a new one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links