Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav - Display Not As Bright

harleymlb

Has any one experieced their Toyota Sat Nav display fading?

My T180 (2007) Sat Nav seems to be not as bright as it used to be. I was thinking it might be down to the cold snap we had.

I know it can be adjusted for brightness and contrast, but in their default position it has definatley lost its sharpness/brightness.

It is does not matter if it is daytime or night time (lights on). I did mention it to the dealer today although they had not come accross this as yet.

The warranty is up in a few months so would like it sorted before it runs out.

Strange you should say that, as thought the same the other day with mine.

Just turned the contrast down to compensate, put it down to my tired eyes.

Will pay a bit more attention to it and report back if anything of note.

Regards

My T180 (2007) Sat Nav seems to be not as bright as it used to be. I was thinking it might be down to the cold snap we had.

I know it can be adjusted for brightness and contrast, but in their default position it has definatley lost its sharpness/brightness.

It is does not matter if it is daytime or night time (lights on). I did mention it to the dealer today although they had not come accross this as yet.

Hi if you got any doubts at all have a word with your friendly local Toyota dealer as the cd player went in mine last year and I was advised that the whole unit was in excess of £3k. (guess who now purchased 2 year extended warranty!!). The nu one now has a pinkish tinge for about 2mins when I switch on but at least everything working.

Hi if you got any doubts at all have a word with your friendly local Toyota dealer as the cd player went in mine last year and I was advised that the whole unit was in excess of £3k. (guess who now purchased 2 year extended warranty!!). The nu one now has a pinkish tinge for about 2mins when I switch on but at least everything working.

Is there anything magnetic anywhere near the display?

Definatley nothing Magnetic near the Sat Nav.

I will get my local Toyota Dealer to log it just in case it fails after the warranty!

Incidently how much is the extra warranty? Is there a mileage limit on it though? Mine is coming up for 56k miles on an 07 plate!

Definatley nothing Magnetic near the Sat Nav.

I knew, I shouldn't have replaced that nice TFT display with a CRT one. :rolleyes:. I maybe wrong, but I don't see how a mag field would affect a TFT display like it would an old CRT one.

It will probably be the TFT backlight ageing. They are a type of florescent lamp. Also, like a lot of florescent lamps they don't like the cold and will be dimmer for a few minutes after switch on, when temp is low.

Yes, bring back the old black and white CRT. :yes: The spot fading away in the middle of the screen, after switch off, was very entertaining. Certainly more entertaining than most of today's TV progs. :rolleyes: You tell kids today and they don't believe ya. :P

Nothing is like the Cathode Ray Tube Television; having to wait a couple of minutes to allow it to warm enough to show the picture, hearing that nice 16kHz buzz from the inside, seeing the picture contract when showing a very bright picture, and seeing the non-linearity of the picture when the end credits are scrolling after a show...

That's why I still have my 12 year old 28 inch CRT! (well, except from the curse of being a TV repairman)

Why bother with HDTV, when I can enjoy the good old days over and over again :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links