Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member/ First Toyota

welshdavy

Hi everyone, i'm new here, its nice to meet you all. Recently got hold of this off an old lady.

My first Toyota, All i know is that it's an e10 corolla GXI, has done 89k and as far as i can tell its in excellent condition.

Only paid £400. no tax at the moment so car has been trailered home.

Not had chance to really drive it yet other than on to trailer.

Any info on the car's performance from fellow e10 owners would be great.

I've bought it mainly as a cheap track car.

I Apologize for bad pics, off my phone so.

Edited.. anyone know what "INEWOO" is? its from the sticker on the back.

Thanks

davy

pic1.jpg

IMG098-01.jpg

IMG099-01.jpg

IMG100-01.jpg

IMG101-01.jpg

Hi mate, welcome to TOC and you have a perfect GXI! Not a scratch on it! :thumbsup:

If you want to use it as a track car then the first thing you should do is save weight. Not by going on a subway diet but by stripping out the interior of everything you don't need.

The engine won't offer much more power unless you spend money and time on it. :)

jeus that is a clean looking car lad, spotless, old lady had taste B)

well best of look with it,

i could be way off the mark here but could the sticker be the name of the dealer or anything

thanks guys, yeah the car is in great condition, no rust anywhere, it seems the old lady that had it only really used if for driving to the shops etc, otherwise it was looked up in the garage :) had a drive in it today, drives perfect, was really surprised by how nippy it is!

also done away with rear interior, just need some bucket seat now and a cage if i can find one.

With regards to power just gonna start with the usual stuff first, exhaust, air filter etc.

Not really clued up on jap stuff having had fords all my life.

Anyone know a good site that would have cams etc for the car.

@andycam06, yeah i'm think that it's a dealer, although a quick google finds nothing.

Thanks again for the comments/help guys.

Davy

May i take this moment to do a little victory dance and follow it up with the following image ;)

pinewoodtoyota.co.uk.jpg

someones pinched the P and D :P

No worries dude! Didnt make any sense to me when I looked at it, then just went on a google mission for images containing inewoo and toyota :P

alright mate its a nice looking car i gotta the same but not a gxi demon tweaks is a good place for parts if u find ne good places for parts let us know i have the same problem finding parts there pretty good on fuel and have very good acceleration best i prob got on 0-60 is prob 7-9 seconds in my 1.3

7-9 seconds? thats a touch optomistic dont you think? lol

Sounds like someone is nervous of competition. :P :lol: ;)

i used to have a GXI, wicked car,

trust me on this, a GXI will not keep up with a Tsport, the GXI 7AFE engine is also in the lovely avensis estate!!!!

mmmmmm?? how sporty n fast are they!!!

i used to have a GXI, wicked car,

trust me on this, a GXI will not keep up with a Tsport, the GXI 7AFE engine is also in the lovely avensis estate!!!!

mmmmmm?? how sporty n fast are they!!!

I was only joking. ;)

nah not to much lol it was on a day when i took all the seats out with them all back in add about another 3-4 seconds on that lol

Ow butt!!!

Good to see another south Walean here :D

Looks like a nice car...especially for 400 quid :thumbsup:

Had to laugh when i read the P(inewoo)d post...thats the sort of thing i would do...hahahaha

Good luck with it and hope we can see some more pics as it develops

Enjoy

• 4 months later...

Thanks guys for all the replies:) not been on here for a while as i've been busy just going over the car checking everything, bought myself a nice air filter, better pads and a few other bits and bobs, i've also done a bit of colour coding in the engine, really want to spray the cam cover but not sure on the best way to go about it.

Next month i'm gonna be ordering some TRD bits so can't wait for that, looking for a nice exhaust system but having problems finding one, any suggestions would be awesome.

Here's a few pics after a nice clean a few days ago.

Thanks guys

Davy.

37346_1497738644823_1274830560_31460450_6110663_n.jpg

37304_1499107999056_1274830560_31463340_8087865_n.jpg

35402_1500588236061_1274830560_31467413_16080_n.jpg

Looking good mate, also good to see that someone wants to look after these so much. :yes::thumbsup:

I got my cam covers sprayed professionally in white, primed, painted and lacquered in Lexus 040-1 Super White just like my engine bay:

004.jpg

4A-GETurvey.jpg

It was direct gloss not B/C.

Thanks pal, yeah i really do like the car, think i've cleaned it almost everyday this week :P.

Cam cover looks really nice, i'm going be doing some colour coding on tuesday, i'll get some more pics up then.

Davy.

No problem. :yes:

Cheers, they're one of my favourite mods so far. :D

Ok make sure you get plenty! Not many of these on TOC. :no:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links