Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cai

Theorist

anyone know where would be a good place to put the inlet tube for an apollo intake ?

Same place Gaz has his Cold Air Feed. :thumbsup:

Though admittedly Cayman had a PiperX Viper kit on his T Sport at our RR day and it didn't perform very well... that is stationary however! he kept up well enough afterwards. :thumbsup:

Same place Gaz has his Cold Air Feed. :thumbsup:

Though admittedly Cayman had a PiperX Viper kit on his T Sport at our RR day and it didn't perform very well... that is stationary however! he kept up well enough afterwards. :thumbsup:

thanks mate .

what did it sound like with that kit? bit quiter than the typhoon?

It's worth noting tho that Cayman's CAI was from the kit straight down to under the engine.

Routing it to the front bumper and keeping it as straight as possible will be more beneficial... sadly there's not a great deal of room to do that...

looking at the cost of those apollo and pipercorss kits i think i might just make a better cold air feed lol

On the Pre it is possible to route a CAI to the upper front grill (with the Toyota badge) has been done before on a PFL just can't remember the chaps username... so dunno what diameter pipe he used.

Challenge for the 'rolla forum, he was from North Yorkshire and has been to Pod with us... answers on a postcard, or if you prefer, reply here! :lol:

On the FL the gap to the upper grille is blocked by the radiator IIRC hence routing mine to the lower grille

giving the lack of a direct line to the front it might be a bit of a ball ache pal. your only option will be to drop it low. and my old viper killed my car by filling the entire run into the turbo, IC and inlet with water. locked the pistons and blew through to the oil. would never get one again.

aurally and peace of mind wise, open cone is the way forward.

giving the lack of a direct line to the front it might be a bit of a ball ache pal. your only option will be to drop it low. and my old viper killed my car by filling the entire run into the turbo, IC and inlet with water. locked the pistons and blew through to the oil. would never get one again.

aurally and peace of mind wise, open cone is the way forward.

yeah theres always the worry of it sucking in water . i was thinking about all this after taking my car on a long run today and finding it felt quite sluggish after a while .the typhoons pipe was hot.

I can't believe how much heat the *Thinks of the proper name* heat shield padding material stuff that's on the underside of the bonnet holds? must really contribute to massive heat soak that most people with induction kits suffer from.

Thinking of removing this to improve the temp in the engine bay.

What you guys think? any downsides?

On the Pre it is possible to route a CAI to the upper front grill (with the Toyota badge) has been done before on a PFL just can't remember the chaps username... so dunno what diameter pipe he used.

Challenge for the 'rolla forum, he was from North Yorkshire and has been to Pod with us... answers on a postcard, or if you prefer, reply here! :lol:

On the FL the gap to the upper grille is blocked by the radiator IIRC hence routing mine to the lower grille

Crinks85?

Only remember because people (I assume) born 1985 make me feel old :lol: ;)

if it was crinks his engine bay was disgusting. presumable from it flowing through the CAI. benefits of cold air outweighed by dirt everywhere! not a good idea :( i will try and recover the files he sent me of it to shop, it really wasnt pretty. and if memory serves me right he sold it with an issue or two. (correct me if im wrong)

heat shield/lagging pannel, doesnt exist in Kearons/Marc's/Gaz's or my engine bay. Useless junk. Remove it asap. I have zero heat soak issues. Also increases the filter noise levels slightly.

Crinks85?

Only remember because people (I assume) born 1985 make me feel old :lol: ;)

You win! I'll take your prize to Pod, if you're not there then i'll keep it :P :lol:

heat shield/lagging pannel, doesnt exist in Kearons/Marc's/Gaz's or my engine bay. Useless junk. Remove it asap. I have zero heat soak issues. Also increases the filter noise levels slightly.

:huh: Pretty sure mine's still there... unless you've taken it from my engine bay? :lol:

Have there been any issues with the paint work on the bonnet? Im sure thats the reason its there?

Is it just a case of unplugging the fixings and pulling it out?

I thought we took it off one pod meet after giving you muchos peer pressure?

:huh:

Err... i'll have to check tomorrow now! :lol:

Sure it's still there tho!

Have there been any issues with the paint work on the bonnet? Im sure thats the reason its there?

Is it just a case of unplugging the fixings and pulling it out?

Case of YANK. Job done.

My bonnet was undersprayed so just gave ita quick lash of spray paint. :lol: Not the neatest job but how often do peole look under there? :P

my paint is spot on :)

wouldnt yank,,,,, get some long nose pliers in there, keeps the matting in one piece and full re-installable if you so wish, mines sat not far from me in my lounge! lol...... behind the table/rad. B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links