Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installs/ice

KPARRIS-JONES

What installs do you have at the moment? Give details and what do you have planned?

My Corollas ICE:

eeer almost none-existent but I have some,

Speakers:

4, 180W Alpine Speakers. Max power = 180W RMS Power = 45W Built in tweeters

Unit:

S.E.V.I.C. DVD Radio, 7" Motorised Touch Screen. iPod Connection. 4x25W Amp. MPEG4 Player and remote control.

FluffyInteriorfinished043.jpg

Unit cost me £300 and the Speakers £55 per pair so £110 overall.

Not much, but I do have plans for an amp and under-seat sub woofer to save space! :drool:

What have you got/got planned?

I think most people on the forum know what i've got/done to my car.

But if your not sure, here's another quick lowdown.....

Alpine double DIN H/U

Alpine CD Changer

Diamond Audio M5 Components Speakers in front doors

JL Audio 10" W6 sub in boot

Soundstream 805 amp in boot

Custom fibreglass boot install to house amp & sub

Alot of Dynamat everywhere in the car, but still not enough :lol:

Lots of cabling in the car, with some home QED Silver Anniversary speaker cables.

Don't even ask for the total cost of all this, i'm still paying for it all :lol:

On the way, a Optima Yellow top 3.7 Battery, just to help my audio along, if it ever needed anymore power :lol:

I think most people on the forum know what i've got/done to my car.

But if your not sure, here's another quick lowdown.....

Alpine double DIN H/U

Alpine CD Changer

Diamond Audio M5 Components Speakers in front doors

JL Audio 10" W6 sub in boot

Soundstream 805 amp in boot

Custom fibreglass boot install to house amp & sub

Alot of Dynamat everywhere in the car, but still not enough :lol:

Lots of cabling in the car, with some home QED Silver Anniversary speaker cables.

Don't even ask for the total cost of all this, i'm still paying for it all :lol:

On the way, a Optima Yellow top 3.7 battery, just to help my audio along, if it ever needed anymore power :lol:

Sounds pretty damn beastly, puts me in the shade... :( But I don't need anything mad, an amp. and sub then I'm sorted.

Sounds pretty damn beastly, puts me in the shade... :( But I don't need anything mad, an amp. and sub then I'm sorted.

It's all done subtly so not to draw attention.

If your about, i can pop down and give you a listen...

Bing

:thumbsup:

It's all done subtly so not to draw attention.

If your about, i can pop down and give you a listen...

Bing

haha! I challenge anyone to play Mt. Eden Dubstep without stressing the amp. :P

I wouldn't say no if you were at a cruise/ something.

I'm going for a similar concept to yours, I don't want a chavvy install but I do what to just have a good yet discreet system. :D

so far i got my dvd player, i am in the process off getting 2 Speakers and a box for the boot but i waiting too get the material thats on my seats, then an amp i have 6x9 for the parcel shelf but doubt ill stick em on , they philips and prob just have it looking swet i never use the boot al it holds is a school bag and a rugby ball:)

I'm going for a similar concept to yours, I don't want a chavvy install but I do what to just have a good yet discreet system. :D

It's not a track i've heard of, but give it a go if you got a copy on cd.

I wouldn't say it's the best setup around, not at all, there are some strong points in the system as well as weak points, but i like it.

I'm current listening to Alicia Key's new album, as well as a few others, and it's got a strong enough bassline to keep me happy ;)

It's not a track i've heard of, but give it a go if you got a copy on cd.

I wouldn't say it's the best setup around, not at all, there are some strong points in the system as well as weak points, but i like it.

I'm current listening to Alicia Key's new album, as well as a few others, and it's got a strong enough bassline to keep me happy ;)

Some good taste. ;)

Dubstep is very trance like and has enough bass to rival a liner engine! :lol:

I'll have to get the CD because I only got it on iTunes atm.

this is what i had in my previous ae82 gt, and now is sitting in a cupboard,

hopefully this summer i'll put it in my new ae82 gt , and i'll downsize to one 12" sub otherwise i'll need a hearing aid.

here goes

alpine mda w988j ai-net 60 x 4 doubledin mp3 headunit ( jap import --top spec ) and alpine 6 cd mp3 changer.

002-12.jpg

4 x 6.5" alpine dddrive component Speakers with crossovers and tweeters

003-13.jpg

1 x legacy 1.2 farad capacitor

004-13.jpg

2 x 12" jl audio 12w6 version 1 subs

005-12.jpg

1 x audiobahn amp (running subs )

001-7.jpg

imo alpine have the best headunits by far. and jl audio subs play even the hard and low of any note.

my old set-up lets see if anyone can beat this :P

Alpine d310r head unit

Alpine no99p satellite navigation unit

4x cdt's 2x Speakers and 2x tweeter in each door

massive audio p400.2 amp running the door Speakers

2x orion d5000 amps

2x orion hcca 15" subs in custom made box /1x kickers 18" soloX sub in custom box

1x optima red top Battery

3x optima yellow top battery's

stinger split charge

fully dynamated

with the 18" kicker soloX the car hit a 145.3db and with the 2x 15" orions the car hit 147. something (cant remember now lol)

:jawdrop:

Ok you win this round :lol:

Nice setup ;)

Bing

And to think I was proud! It was only to a very small degree but it has now been whisked away. I really should stop doing these comparisons..... :lol:

BUT, does anyone have a shinier engine bay?:

saturday2010002.jpg

saturday2010008.jpg

All credit goes to ADEMEISTER :D

:jawdrop:

Ok you win this round :lol:

Nice setup ;)

Bing

thanks mate :thumbsup:

but I bet your one sounds better :)

but I bet your one sounds better :)

Yeah, got mine for SQ than SPL

I got a carputer, 5hz sat nav, 7" screen, DAB digital radio, touchscreen, usb sockets, 80gb of mp3's errm rear view camera and a few other toys.

O.k. following the purchase of a T-Sport (which is a fantastic car!) I know would like to know how to replace the Stereo/Unit.

As you know, the standard one fits plush with the dash and would be a bugger to replace? Is this do-able or do people just whack on an amp. and some Speakers? :)

Thanks

The problem you will have is once you replace the radio, the amplifier system for the radio will not work. Therefore your FM will be much worse than the OEM headunit and the AM won't be listenable at all.

You'll need a headunit kit from autoleads or metra. Most people use the autoleads kit but i think the metra one is a better colour match. I actually went down to my local car paint shop and they matched the colour almost 100% and you wouldn't tell on my TFT screen.

The problem you will have is once you replace the radio, the amplifier system for the radio will not work. Therefore your FM will be much worse than the OEM headunit and the AM won't be listenable at all.

You'll need a headunit kit from autoleads or metra. Most people use the autoleads kit but i think the metra one is a better colour match. I actually went down to my local car paint shop and they matched the colour almost 100% and you wouldn't tell on my TFT screen.

So, considering the draw backs, can we not simply wire in an amp. and replace the Speakers? Or will it not work for whatever reason?

Thanks for the help mate, if I haven't understood that's because I have no clue about any other radio than my own... :lol:

to cut a long story short,

basically when your CD player or radio for that matter picks up sound its at whats known as a line level input, which means its weak. it then goes into an amplifier which increases the power to a speaker level or high level input to drive the Speakers.

The problem is there is no line level output from the head unit so the amp would start to cut frequencies and it would generally sound cack.

there are some amps out there which will take a speaker level input but IMO this kind of defeats the point of the amp.

just my 2p worth.

to cut a long story short,

basically when your CD player or radio for that matter picks up sound its at whats known as a line level input, which means its weak. it then goes into an amplifier which increases the power to a speaker level or high level input to drive the speakers.

The problem is there is no line level output from the head unit so the amp would start to cut frequencies and it would generally sound cack.

there are some amps out there which will take a speaker level input but IMO this kind of defeats the point of the amp.

just my 2p worth.

o.k. thanks for the help mate. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links