Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just A Few Thank Yous!

the punisher

Hey all,

Just a few BIG Thank you to the following people,

Jase again thank you for the front redstuff pads, there on and rocking!

nrgizerbunny big respect to you man for taking the time to do the How to's on changing your own disk and pads keep it up!

Highly recommend www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk got my rear redstuff pads out to me the next working day.

Also highly recommended are MTEC100 http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/sportbrakediscs__W0QQ_armrsZ1 disks arrived in good time and are a quality item fitted perfect.

full set up is drilled a grooved disks, redstuff pads front and back, can feel and immdiate difference over the OEM stuff can't wait to get them bedded in and give them a real try.

Bad news is i do have to take it to a garage to sort out the handbrake as the drivers side rear disk was well and truly stuck on and the shoes fell apart when the disk finaly come off. So new rear handbrake shoes are needed too.

Total approx £300 for what i think is a pretty decent set up and that would of be 70 cheaper if i hadn't had the problem with the handbrake shoes, nvm.

Cheers

Joel

Hey all,

Just a few BIG Thank you to the following people,

Jase again thank you for the front redstuff pads, there on and rocking!

nrgizerbunny big respect to you man for taking the time to do the How to's on changing your own disk and pads keep it up!

Highly recommend www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk got my rear redstuff pads out to me the next working day.

Also highly recommended are MTEC100 http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/sportbrakediscs__W0QQ_armrsZ1 disks arrived in good time and are a quality item fitted perfect.

full set up is drilled a grooved disks, redstuff pads front and back, can feel and immdiate difference over the OEM stuff can't wait to get them bedded in and give them a real try.

Bad news is i do have to take it to a garage to sort out the handbrake as the drivers side rear disk was well and truly stuck on and the shoes fell apart when the disk finaly come off. So new rear handbrake shoes are needed too.

Total approx £300 for what i think is a pretty decent set up and that would of be 70 cheaper if i hadn't had the problem with the handbrake shoes, nvm.

Cheers

Joel

So what is the setup on the back?

From your post I assume there is a different setup for handbrake and normal driving brakes.

Tightening the handbrake cable through the hole in the rear disc was a real pain in the ***** as i recall, those little shoes on our old car were hardly worn. Might explain why the handbrake didnt do much :lol: ;)

So what is the setup on the back?

From your post I assume there is a different setup for handbrake and normal driving brakes.

its mega odd.... imagine if you will a full size drum brake that is purley for the handbrake controled by the handbrake cable, but around this drum is like a 2 inch disk that the pads clamp on to, for normal driving brakes. :wacko:

nrgizerbunny how to in the diy section has some great pics of this.

Joel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links