Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Headlights Needed-old Problem

mumdawn

Hi, we need new headlights on our avensis 04. Mountings melted-seems to be an old problem that others have been able to get fixed under warranty. Unfortunately our car is older than 5 years and toyota will not fix unless we Shell out 500 quid.

Thinking of buying some replacement headlights but don't want to buy the same ones so we get the same problem recurring. Also thinking about Philips bulbs? Would it be far to complicated for a couple of non mechanics-ie really don't know what we are doing to fit ourselves. Thanks lots

Price is nothing like £500 :eek: Order from Kingo and save £200 ish

Kingo :thumbsup:

You wont be buying the same old headlights, toyota acutally replaced the faulty headlights with modified new headlights which rectified the problem,

You wont be buying the same old headlights, toyota acutally replaced the faulty headlights with modified new headlights which rectified the problem,
£88.00 each euro car parts.

Surely if it is a known fault there should be some recourse from Toyota?

I have just had to do the same with my 2004 T-Spirit - in fact it is still in the garage and I have not yet had the bill!!

Has there been any official notice about this fault or a recall/ service bulletin etc ?

One of the headlights on my 53 reg D4D T4 finished the melting process two weeks before the three year warranty ran out, four months after I bought the car. Problem discovered (in September) by Toyota technician who was trying to change my headlight bulb.

Toyota initially refused to do a warranty repair as the car had done 61000 miles, you should have seen the fumes coming from my ears.

After a lot of complaining, they saw sense and changed both headlights at no cost.

Good luck - maybe Toyota will see its a known problem and their reputation needs help.

Strangely, after that problem and the £200 for a second key epsisode mine has done well for nearly four years (apart from road noise) - so I *might* consider another.

Has there been any official notice about this fault or a recall/ service bulletin etc ?

Yes there was an extended warranty on Avensis headlights for 5 years or 100K whichever was the sooner

It was not a recall

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links