Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audible Indicators

Trafficman

I took my mkiii in to have it's brake software upgrade yesterday - not the best experioence in the world, letters and glossy cover apologising in the usual Japanese way, but no proof that it was actually done!

I asked if they could make the indicator click louder, I am not deaf and can barely hear them when the car is stationary with the engine off and no audio!

The answer was no, with no suggestions.

Am I alone bowling along a motorway with the indicator still going after making a lane change. It is no good saying that the lights on the instument panel will help as one is looking at the head up. Why oh why did Toyota not put the indicator lamp in the head up as well!!!!!!?

Thoughts please!

Trafficman

I'm sure I've seen this problem mentioned before on the TOC and people have suggested aftermarket 'indicator amplifiers'.

A quick search around the net should drag something up. :thumbsup:

I took my mkiii in to have it's brake software upgrade yesterday - not the best experioence in the world, letters and glossy cover apologising in the usual Japanese way, but no proof that it was actually done!

Trafficman

Go to the TOYOTA RECALL website, put your vehicle chassis number in, and you will be able to download a document to say it has been done or wasnt required to be done

Your dealer should have been able to give you a similar document, or at least pointed you in the right direction

The document will only be ready to download after your dealer has inputed the claim so give it a day to propogate through the system. I know for sure this works on the pedal recall, I'm hoping it does on the brake update, as it isnt an official recall as such

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I asked if they could make the indicator click louder, I am not deaf and can barely hear them when the car is stationary with the engine off and no audio!

Am I alone bowling along a motorway with the indicator still going after making a lane change. It is no good saying that the lights on the instument panel will help as one is looking at the head up. Why oh why did Toyota not put the indicator lamp in the head up as well!!!!!!?

Thoughts please!

Trafficman

I took mine to the main dealer to have indicator noise made louder, but they said it cannot be done.

I told the customer services departmant that the indicators did not self cancel and I cold not hear them and I was told to keep looking at my instrument panel. yeah and run into the back of another car!!!

I took mine to the main dealer to have indicator noise made louder, but they said it cannot be done.

I told the customer services departmant that the indicators did not self cancel and I cold not hear them and I was told to keep looking at my instrument panel. yeah and run into the back of another car!!!

jjames, they do and should cancel as in any other car.

Trafficman, do you never look at the main display to check for warning lights, if it's so much of a problem turn off the HUD and start a regular instrument panel scan, pretend you are a pilot !

I have some sympathy with Trafficman - the sound from the indicators is pathetically quiet - pity they can't swap it with the reversing "beep" . . . . . :rolleyes:

Thoughts please!

Trafficman

!!!

I have recently become the owner of a hearing aid, and wonder of wonders on a good day I can hear the click of the indicators, and all the other warning devises, sometimes its nice to get a bit of peace!!!

saab160,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links