Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£5000 Grant For Plug-in Vehicles.

Fujisan

News article from Autocar.

"Motorists buying electric, plug-in hybrid or hydrogen fuel cell vehicles from January 2011 will be able to claim a ‘Plug-In Car Grant’ of up to £5000 as part of a £230 million government scheme."

Well I'd be interested in a plug in Prius when my existing one gets about 80k on it, so 2011 will be about right. I was rather amazed at the quoted price of £30K for the plug in version but with a £5 grant it might be worth doing.

Will have to carefully check my sums though.

Thing to bare in mind is, by 2011 there might be a new government, who might have other ideas for that money.

It's a bit of a "jam tomorrow" promise.

But here's hoping anyway. :)

Thing to bare in mind is, by 2011 there might be a new government, who might have other ideas for that money.

It's a bit of a "jam tomorrow" promise.

But here's hoping anyway. :)

Well Boris was trumpeting the fact that London is included in the grant for new charge points this morning on twitter so this might very well survive. It's relatively short change in the grand scheme of things.

A £5 grand grant should cover the extra cost of a Li-On Battery quite nicely thank you very much. I just need Islington to install a charge point outside my flat and I think I know what my next car will probably be......

I think it will survive but it might not be 5K when the time comes......Just to be fair, they are having to do it, there is a European directive on it

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links