Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibration Through Car In Higher Gears

tubaman

Recently noticed slight vibration through my car (Avensis D4-D T180) at higher speeds and in higher gears 5th and particularly 6th gear.

Does anyone know if this sounds like a tyre issue or, as I guess, one of my driveshafts on its way out ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi,

Recently noticed slight vibration through my car (Avensis D4-D T180) at higher speeds and in higher gears 5th and particularly 6th gear.

Does anyone know if this sounds like a tyre issue or, as I guess, one of my driveshafts on its way out ?

Would inspect the tyres and wheels for any signs of damage or tyre bulges, with so many pot holes around it easy to damage either.

Would then have all four wheels balanced by a tyre dealer who is know to be good at balancing before suspecting driveshafts; unless you are getting other noises from them like a clunk when you take you foot of the gas pedal.

Hi,

Would inspect the tyres and wheels for any signs of damage or tyre bulges, with so many pot holes around it easy to damage either.

Would then have all four wheels balanced by a tyre dealer who is know to be good at balancing before suspecting driveshafts; unless you are getting other noises from them like a clunk when you take you foot of the gas pedal.

An imbalanced wheel would definately give some vibration at higher speeds and you would possibly notice some vibration through the steering wheel , as richard c has suggested get your wheels checked out first and go from there .

try checking brake disc's may be warped this can cause vibration at speed

try wheel balance if lost a weight can also cause vibration at speed

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links