Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Surf 3.0l Steering Vague

kelvinrumsby

I have just bought a 1995 Surf hilux 3.0L auto. The vehicle is low milage and in very good condition. But, I am disappointed with the steering. There is a lot of play in the steering and car floats.... I mean, if you hold the steering straight and tight, the wheels are drifting (moving) side to side. Its not really too severe, but I was told that these cars should drive precise.... Is the steering rack and pinion or a steering box.

Also, can anyone recommend a good reliable repairer in Norfolk?

• 1 month later...

You have a steering box which can be adjusted, but I would think that it's the idler arm bushes that are worn, the bushes are £2.50 or £55 for a complete arm.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=157

hi the surf has been recalled for the steering rod extension box ,, so i would check to see if yours has been recalled if not contact toyota mine is going in on the 26th april 2010 it,s worth checking it out thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links