Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaking From Rear Over Bumps

hora

Hi Im new!

Ive just bought a 2001 1.8 petrol CDX Avensis with full history/1 owner. On the way home I heard squeaking from the rear (I thought it was the large parcel shelf rubbing- any ideas?

Edit- actually Im not new as I am a Aygo owner from previous :lol:

Hi Im new!

Ive just bought a 2001 1.8 petrol CDX Avensis with full history/1 owner. On the way home I heard squeaking from the rear (I thought it was the large parcel shelf rubbing- any ideas?

Edit- actually Im not new as I am a Aygo owner from previous :lol:

could be anti roll bar link arms, quite a common problem, cheap and easy enough to do. i had to do my previous car, easiest way to check is take one side out thats the noise is coming from and have a carefull drive around and if the noise has gone then you know its that and replace it.

I think I've found it. I drove down my road to make sure the the squeaking occured. Then turned round and drove down again with the boot open. Nothing. So concentrated on the liftback mechanism with GT85 and a screwdriver, both male and female. Then I turned my attention to the large rubber 'male' stops on each side of the tailgate itself. Torque-spannered tight the 'slack'* in each bolt and...

Its gone.

*There was some slack in each bolt. Not much but enough for a full turn each.

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links