Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Consult dealer when trying map update OTA

MardyMarvin

I thought I would use the entertainment system and update the maps to see if there was an update however I just get error consult dealer message. Is this just a rubbish message you get when there is no update or is there a real error in updating the maps. I read in the manual its best to keep them updated even if you dont use the internal ones for the road sign assist function. I do notice on a few back roads were there are no road signs but it insists its a 30 but its not its a national as there are no lamposts or houses.

I have tried the map update on both my Yaris and Wife Yaris cross both come back with same error but both cars bought from same dealer new. The cars are not even a year old yet I read that they come with 3 years of updates.

"The RSA system detects specific road signs using the front camera and/or multimedia system (when speed limit information is available) and warns the driver via displays and buzzers.

In order to maintain performance of the speed limit dis- play function, it is necessary

to update map data* on a regu- lar basis."

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links