Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aircon Temperature

DodgyKnee

Hello All,

I know it may seem like the wrong time of year to ask, but a lot of companies have special offers on at this time, so...can anyone tell me please what a good/typical vent temperature for the aircon in my 54 reg Avensis should be? Last summer it was around 16 celsius, which didn't seem that cool to me and struggled to cool the cabin. I am just wondering whether to get the system topped up, or if it is already about right.

Thanks.

Sounds like your air-con is struggling. The output can vary depending on the weather but if I remember correctly temperature at the outlets should be around 5 degress C but can go to around 10 in high humidity. It may also do no harm to have the pollen filter changed as a dirty filter can seriously affect the performance of the air-con evaporator.

Have the refrigerant system serviced - this involves a complete change of refrigderant plus adding lubricants, etc.

I know some places do a deal - no decrease in outlet temp - no charge.

Hello All,

I know it may seem like the wrong time of year to ask, but a lot of companies have special offers on at this time, so...can anyone tell me please what a good/typical vent temperature for the aircon in my 54 reg Avensis should be? Last summer it was around 16 celsius, which didn't seem that cool to me and struggled to cool the cabin. I am just wondering whether to get the system topped up, or if it is already about right.

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Must agree with Belfast James....I started at the pollen filter and gained quite a drop in temperature in that alone. Was going to France last year, so had it fully topped up and LUBED before I went. My Local Mr. T was doing it for £45.00 last August. Ask him to match or beat down your way.

Big Kev.

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Must agree with Belfast James....I started at the pollen filter and gained quite a drop in temperature in that alone. Was going to France last year, so had it fully topped up and LUBED before I went. My Local Mr. T was doing it for £45.00 last August. Ask him to match or beat down your way.

Big Kev.

Ok, next stupid question....where can I find the pollen filter?

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Big Kev.

I had a 2006 2.2 D4D T3X Avensis, but I don't know if instructions would be same for a "2L T4"...WASSAT?

On mine, it was dead easy, with access gained via removal of glove compartment to reveal pollen filter housing.(NB :Filters are "directional".)

I am sure I saw a pictorial guide on the Avensis site, so do a search under "pollen filter renewal." If not, and your model is same as mine, I can type you through it. Furthermore, again if same model, I have a used but very clean pollen AND air filter in my garage you are welcome to.

Regards,

Big Kev. ;)

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Big Kev.

I had a 2006 2.2 D4D T3X Avensis, but I don't know if instructions would be same for a "2L T4"...WASSAT?

On mine, it was dead easy, with access gained via removal of glove compartment to reveal pollen filter housing.(NB :Filters are "directional".)

I am sure I saw a pictorial guide on the Avensis site, so do a search under "pollen filter renewal." If not, and your model is same as mine, I can type you through it. Furthermore, again if same model, I have a used but very clean pollen AND air filter in my garage you are welcome to.

Regards,

Big Kev. ;)

Thanks Big Kev. I have had a look at the pollen filter and it looks pretty good. I even ran the aircon with/without the filter to see the difference and there wasn't much, if any. Oh well, it seems the aircon needs a recharge.

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Big Kev.

Regards,

Big Kev. ;)

Pollen filter wont make a great deal of difference to the temp at the vents, only the volume of air coming out of them.

Agree with Jamesbelfast, the temp at the vents should be around 5c. when everything working ok. So I would definitely get it checked out/recharged.

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi Dodgy,

Big Kev.

Regards,

Big Kev. ;)

Thanks Big Kev. I have had a look at the pollen filter and it looks pretty good. I even ran the aircon with/without the filter to see the difference and there wasn't much, if any. Oh well, it seems the aircon needs a recharge.

Good try Dodgers,

Looks like it's off to Mr.T with your groats in purse....or maybe a local Robbin' Hood....must get a life, soon.....

Big Kev

Hello All,

Thanks.

Hi, leave it on 19c auto (once you get it serviced). 16c? too cold and use too much fuel.

Hello All,

Thanks.

hi mate

as far as i remember the min adjusted level is +16C and this pre-adjusted point activates the fan to blow with max speed .

you should check with gas charging level + inspect an internal themp sensor (in cabin) -- may be it gives a wrong signal.

Cheers/Igor

Hello All,

Thanks.

hi mate

as far as i remember the min adjusted level is +16C and this pre-adjusted point activates the fan to blow with max speed .

you should check with gas charging level + inspect an internal themp sensor (in cabin) -- may be it gives a wrong signal.

Cheers/Igor

The way I read the original post was that the temp at the vents was around 16C and not the cabin temp at 16C.

Hello All,

Thanks.

hi mate

Cheers/Igor

The way I read the original post was that the temp at the vents was around 16C and not the cabin temp at 16C.

That's right - the vent temperature was around 16C, so that seems far too high. I am not really very happy at the moment because my clutch master cylinder has been notchy and creaky and I though a good spray of lithium grease would fix it, but it hasn't (went but now it's back)....so it's off to the main dealer to spend about £120 on a new one (the last time I had to do this was on a 1984 Mini Metro - had rather hoped that Toyota were better than that. Apparently, it's common knowledge that the cylinder on my 54 age car was rubbish and it was upgraded with better materials in 05 - probably no chance of a good will gesture).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links