Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting An Air Filter To '96 Paseo

dodgeviper101

hi, im realy struggling to fit an air filter on to my paseo that i bought from eBay. It said it would fit on a 1990 to a 1997 paseo.

I have attached a picture of the air filter so that you know what it is so please help! :crybaby:

post-47-1077024348.jpg

You got ripped off just like I did. It's just the filter, but you need the pipe as well. With just the filter, there's no way to attatch it to the intake manifold, or hook up the connecting hoses, so i suggest looking for an "intake pipe" i've seen them on there a couple times.

hi, on the paseos original airbox it has somekind of thing that plugs in to the left hand side of the box, it looks like some kind of sensor coz it has wires connected to it but when i pulled it out it was just plastic, so i was wondering what it was and what will happen if i dont use it when i fit my new air filter?????? :huh:

hi, on the paseos original airbox it has somekind of thing that plugs in to the left hand side of the box, it looks like some kind of sensor coz it has wires connected to it but when i pulled it out it was just plastic, so i was wondering what it was and what will happen if i dont use it when i fit my new air filter?????? :huh:

Thats your air temp sensor, you must use it! It sends the signal to your ECU and that adjusts the fuelling accordingly :thumbsup:

Without that you run the risk of the car running too rich or too lean and could cause damage :o Plus it'll run like a dog ;)

so when i fit my new air filter where do i put this air temp sensor?????

If you get the intake pipe to go in between your filter and your intake manifold it should have a hole in ready for it :thumbsup:

Thats assuming you get one for the Seo, Corrola 1.3 I think, will also do, but I don't know of anyone that does, just the pipe on its own :(

B) Dude,

Have just fitted a Monza Performance Air Filter. Its a domed shape and its running well. Just removed the top section of the air box and filter, leaving the bottom intact. The air filter fits sits sideways in the box. The air temp sensor I fitted a performance resistor to it then bound it up with tape. Although it`ll guzzle a bit more fuel, if you use super unleaded you`ll actually get a fair mileage out of your paseo.

Abraxys :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links