Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Gen 3 Arrived!

Fluffy01016

I took delivery of my new 2010 Gen 3 Prius yesterday. Before I went anywhere, I took it to my local In car electronics company and spent £250 having a Parrot MKi9200 fitted (which is awesome by the way). Today was my first use for work and I drove from Lincoln to Derby and back using a mixutre of 80mph dual carridgeways, country lanes and of course.......traffic jams. I am delighted to report 59.7mpg on day one!!!! Hopefully the car will start to deliver better mpg as it is run in and as the weather gets warmer. Based on 60mpg, I will make £166 a month on fuel allowance (I get paid 14p a mile) and save £70 over my old company car. Overall I will be £230 a month better off for driving a new car!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!

I took delivery of my new 2010 Gen 3 Prius yesterday. Before I went anywhere, I took it to my local In car electronics company and spent £250 having a Parrot MKi9200 fitted (which is awesome by the way). Today was my first use for work and I drove from Lincoln to Derby and back using a mixutre of 80mph dual carridgeways, country lanes and of course.......traffic jams. I am delighted to report 59.7mpg on day one!!!! Hopefully the car will start to deliver better mpg as it is run in and as the weather gets warmer. Based on 60mpg, I will make £166 a month on fuel allowance (I get paid 14p a mile) and save £70 over my old company car. Overall I will be £230 a month better off for driving a new car!!! HAPPY DAYS!!!

Sorry, I meant 70mph dual carridgeways :unsure:

Happy motoring. I am sure you will enjoy driving your new car.

Best Wishes. Chris.

Well done. The only way is up (fuel economy).

You're saving about as much as I am per month. Great isn't it! Almost a free car for me over 5 years. Can't understand why others don't work this out. Maybe they don't believe the superb fuel figures?

Don't worry. Your Prius speedo will probably be reporting 75mph when you are doing 70mph.

So 80mph will be about 74 to 75.

Would be an idea to check it against a few GPS devices (or measured mile) to establish how far out the speedo is.

Reported MPG is usually 2 to 3 MPG over the real figure so keep your own record of fuel consumption to get real data (I use fuelly).

MPG will get better as the weather warms up. :) :) :)

Second day of work today and 65mpg!!! Drove a bit further today and mainly country roads and B roads behind lorries. The ultimate test will be on Saturday when I drive to London using only the A1.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links