Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member - Sat Nav & Reversing Camera

The Capester

Hi I just bought a Prius T3 56 plate. The car is great and enjoy driving it.

I know that the models above the T3 had the option to have Sat Nav and reversing camera. I was wondering if is possible to have these items added to my car now. As I would find both very useful.

Thanks in advance

I thought the models with satnav had a different MFD?

By the time you cost things out you'd probably be better buying a normal satnav and a separate reversing camera.

I wouldn't bother, the sat nav/stereo head unit is a £1200 part alone, the sat nav isn't bad but nobody seems to be able to update, the HD music unit is absolutely rubbish and the reverse camera is about 10% as effective as acoustic sounders, it can only view 60% of the rear bumper and once there's a bit of road grime on it it's useless. I paid the £1500 option for it and wish I hadn't of bothered.

I wouldn't bother, the sat nav/stereo head unit is a £1200 part alone, the sat nav isn't bad but nobody seems to be able to update, the HD music unit is absolutely rubbish and the reverse camera is about 10% as effective as acoustic sounders, it can only view 60% of the rear bumper and once there's a bit of road grime on it it's useless. I paid the £1500 option for it and wish I hadn't of bothered.

I'm sorry you're not happy with the equipment fitted to your Avensis, Mick, but I am very happy with the kit fitted to my Prius.

I think the HD is great :toast: , lost count of the number of CD's I've put on to it now :D

I find the rear camera, especially the guide lines, very useful. :thumbsup: Plus it seems to cover most of the rear bumper on the Prius ;). Has for it getting dirty, well even in the worst winter weather, I was still able to make out a useful picture, so no problems there.

But back to the original posters question, would I retro fit this equipment...no.

For the cost, time and hassle buy yourself a good TomTom and an aftermarket camera kit and save a pack. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links