Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

$800 Fuel Pump--Help Needed

jimsh

I have been a corolla owner for about 40 days and I'm very unhappy. Two days ago the fuel pump died (at least that's the diagnosis) but because my 2005 corolla with 67,000 miles was made in Japan, I have to buy the fuel pump assembly for over $800. If the car had been made in North America the pump would cost $130-250. Why would a company that wants customers do that to a customer? Problem is, I don't know if I have any choice. My mechanic gave me the pump out of my car and said if I could find one he would put it in. So I wasted an entire afternoon, at one point looking at 205 Denso fuel pumps and not one looked like mine. Even the ones supposedly for 2005 made in Japan Corollas aren't the right ones. What can I do? Does anyone know if all of the Japan made corolla parts are this outrageously expensive? Any help would be very appreciated. Also, once I get it fixed should I sell it as fast as I can and never look at another Toyota? Or should I keep it and hope Toyota won't rip me off again? It's too bad too because my wife and I really liked this car. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks. Jim

well i was quoated €2000 for a new fuel pump so your doing well at $800, did you check your local parts shop, what is the problem that the pump is dead, she not starting at all or what ?

well i was quoated €2000 for a new fuel pump so your doing well at $800, did you check your local parts shop, what is the problem that the pump is dead, she not starting at all or what ?

The car would try to start but just wouldn't turn over. I don't know how the mechanic came to his conclusion about it being the fuel pump. All I can say is if I pay $1000 for the repair, he had better be right with the diagnosis.

well try pricing aroud yourself, or if you wana go really cheap try a salvage yard and get 1 from a crashed car, that price is probably from toyota themselves though

I have been a corolla owner for about 40 days and I'm very unhappy. Two days ago the fuel pump died (at least that's the diagnosis) but because my 2005 corolla with 67,000 miles was made in Japan, I have to buy the fuel pump assembly for over $800. If the car had been made in North America the pump would cost $130-250. Why would a company that wants customers do that to a customer? Problem is, I don't know if I have any choice. My mechanic gave me the pump out of my car and said if I could find one he would put it in. So I wasted an entire afternoon, at one point looking at 205 Denso fuel pumps and not one looked like mine. Even the ones supposedly for 2005 made in Japan Corollas aren't the right ones. What can I do? Does anyone know if all of the Japan made corolla parts are this outrageously expensive? Any help would be very appreciated. Also, once I get it fixed should I sell it as fast as I can and never look at another Toyota? Or should I keep it and hope Toyota won't rip me off again? It's too bad too because my wife and I really liked this car. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks. Jim

Jim

hi

You had to have a full diagnosis with pump but not only verdicted info from your mechanic.

I do not believe 2005 car has an issue with pump. The pump has SCV; delivery valves etc. This pump might to have an issue with delivery valves that can bee repaired. Try to locate other garage to test the pump. Good Luck

Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links