Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Corolla Cd Replacment With Dvd

janis

not tried that one personally but had bad experiences with cheap no-name chinese electronics, not saying that this one wont be any good tho

menus certainly look better than the one i had

Look at it from another point of view, if it goes wrong, where you going to send it to????

I personally pick a brand i know and heard of, than getting it off eBay esp as its from the USA, will all the features work ok, heard the radio tunes into a different frequency then here in the UK.

To give you some idea of is it possible, look at mine....

med_gallery_1491_689_56424.jpg

I have found thread in BMW forum, where they are using similar device - BMW

They are quite satisfied.

I really don't like audio installations that doesnt fit perfectly and look like non-original

Maybe I will give try for this solution, then we will see what's with quality.

We have one shop that is selling these devices in Latvia and they are giving warranty.

I have found thread in BMW forum, where they are using similar device - BMW

They are quite satisfied.

I really don't like audio installations that doesnt fit perfectly and look like non-original

Maybe I will give try for this solution, then we will see what's with quality.

We have one shop that is selling these devices in Latvia and they are giving warranty.

ive heard good things about that bmw equivelant, if its the same people making it then i'd definetely consider it :)

they seem really helpful on there forums, but i'd rather buy it direct from them rather than through some third party seller?

ive heard good things about that bmw equivelant, if its the same people making it then i'd definetely consider it :)

they seem really helpful on there forums, but i'd rather buy it direct from them rather than through some third party seller?

I would personally stay away from this "3rd party no name device". It is most likely made in a basement in China, by people with a little or none electronics experience, and with poor quality control on the finished product.

Also the menus aren't always very intuitive, and the design looks cheap! It's basically a hybrid of a car stereo and a Windows CE embedded computer... I would strongly recommend an after market unit from a commonly known manufacturer...

...and to add some credibility behind my statements; I'm an electronics engineer with experience in servicing of consumer products.

I would personally stay away from this "3rd party no name device". It is most likely made in a basement in China, by people with a little or none electronics experience, and with poor quality control on the finished product.

Also the menus aren't always very intuitive, and the design looks cheap! It's basically a hybrid of a car stereo and a Windows CE embedded computer... I would strongly recommend an after market unit from a commonly known manufacturer...

...and to add some credibility behind my statements; I'm an electronics engineer with experience in servicing of consumer products.

ill add further credibility, im also an electronics engineer except i work more in the production department running surface mount lines and productionisation of the products. we produce military products / oil industry motor control etc, sensorless motor drives are our key market.

the chinese are getting better at there quality control but by no means are they anywhere near japan or other parts of western europe, the problem lies in the clone product market which we've recently been stung with :(

cheap under rated caps etc in there circuits and the touch screens are certainly a few generations old

id certainly like to see one of these units in action but i'd always be worried about the long term usability of it, a few people at work have tried them out and I myself had little over three months before it went fubar :(

i moved over to kenwood which is still serving me well, pioneer alpine even JVC would be the ones to look out for imho :)

Hello Guys,

Did anyone tried or have heard about one of these - Original DVD replacment

Looks that it should fit in original place?

I have been looking at this identical Unit but am unsure with regards to fitment. I have been told that its a exact replacement for the factory fitted unit. i have used one before in another car and i think they do the job perfectly well and the build quality was great it wasn't the exact same unit but very similar..

janis have you had any luck?

I would also add, that a typical double DIN unit will fit like mine, but will have gaps due to the way Toyota make the dashboard, like this...

Before-01.JPG

Before-02.JPG

Before-03.JPG

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links