Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound When Turning Right

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys/Girls...

Re my 2001 1.8vvti hatchback SR...Today i heard a sound coming from my right wheel(drivers side)when turning right at a sort of full lock...it sounds like a ta ta ta sound or maybe a da da da da sound....its doesnt sound that much like a heavy knocking sound...doesnt happen when i turn left although it used to when i purchased the car 3 months ago and i found the cv boot had slipped off and so i greased and put it back on with a cable tie and now it seems fine! But looking at the right cv boot where the sound is coming from its all intact and has one of those metal clip type ties! Does anyone know what is causing this sound! Its upsetting with this car...just one thing after another and i've only had it 3 months, yes its done 86,000k but looks wise its as good as new! Very deceiving hey!!! Please help someone???

Sammy

Hi I had a similar noise recently on my avensis , turned out to be the brake disk had a big lip on and was catching , made various noises but mostly a sh sh sh , a real pain ! the only other thing I think it could be is the CV joint ?

Hi Guys/Girls...

Re my 2001 1.8vvti hatchback SR...Today i heard a sound coming from my right wheel(drivers side)when turning right at a sort of full lock...it sounds like a ta ta ta sound or maybe a da da da da sound....its doesnt sound that much like a heavy knocking sound...doesnt happen when i turn left although it used to when i purchased the car 3 months ago and i found the cv boot had slipped off and so i greased and put it back on with a cable tie and now it seems fine! But looking at the right cv boot where the sound is coming from its all intact and has one of those metal clip type ties! Does anyone know what is causing this sound! Its upsetting with this car...just one thing after another and i've only had it 3 months, yes its done 86,000k but looks wise its as good as new! Very deceiving hey!!! Please help someone???

Sammy

Hello Sammy,

Do you have any issue with difficulty in turning the steering other than the sound. The noise is perfectly normal, when turning the steering full blast.

Hi Guys/Girls...

Sammy

You are getting some grief from this car Sammy.

The right hand (drivers side) CV joint would usually be noisy in left hand lock so hopefully it isn't that. I would have a look at the brake pads and disc first off, hopefully it's just something like a lump of shale bumping the pads.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links