Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Mileage - Should I Be Worried

Catweazle

Im my never ending search for the right RAV4 (and believe me I've looked at loads now), I'm now considering a 2005 XT5 (manual, petrol) but it has done 70,000 miles. Is it worth me driving the 80 mile round trip to view it or should I wait for something with a lower mileage? My current car (a Ford I'm afraid) has the same mileage and is now showing its age in the way it handles.

Hi I have a 2003 RAV (manual, petrol) with over 90,000 on the clock - I reckon it still feels good and better than some things like a brand new Astra rental car did after a few days on rough roads. It all depends on how it did the mileage - lots of short trips or lots of motorway miles. The latter might mean more stone chips etc. but mechanically it will be a lot better having been working at full temperature. If you like it, go for it.

my 2001 rav 4 had 105km and still very good vehicle, i have sold it as i needed a truck to tow my boat otherwise i have kept it for sure.

the other rav 4 we have has done over 80km and still feels like new. BUT they are always serviced and driven on long distances, not 80km driving circles in the city!

so try to find out about the service history and where and how it was being driven and you will be fine.

I would say a good RAV matures with age...If looked after they will give many happy years motoring...

Mine is just past 124K now and is just fine... :toast::toast:

I can only comment on my experience with the 4.1 RAV as I have 2 1994 models. One has 80,000 miles and the other more like 180,000.

What I did find is that the suspension bushes required renewal at around 80,000 mls. The lower mileage RAV has had a gearbox changed due to a fault on the speedo drive sensor ring but i suspect that was a freak fault - the other gearbox has done the 180k with the last 20k being used at its peak load.

70k isn't a high mileage for a RAV ...and as has been said, if its been serviced properly......

You've all convinced me. I'll give it a viewing and see how she runs.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links