Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Locking Help Needed

pas8

hello,

just tried getting our new paseo and found out the loud way the key does not disable the alarm.

We only have one transmitter unit,rang a toyota dealer and they want 150 pounds for a new one, just want one as a spare

are there any alternatives?

thanks

hi ya,

Loud those alarms aren't they, mine went off a little while ago, not sure what set it off tho but was in daylight on my drive!! Lol.

As far as i know there are no ways to get around the £150 bill!! Unfortunatly, i think that as its a specific Toyota part and being security there is no way aroud the bill.

But as i've always said i'd rather pay £150 than lose my car to a theif!!!

yeah i have the same prob, ive been quoted £120 for the remote from toyota so shop around, dont get the immobilser key from them tho, a chain store key cutting place did mine with an immobiliser code for £20

£150!!! :eek:

I paid £58 a few weeks ago, I do work in the trade and know they gave me a discount, but surely not that much.

Is that to get the fob coded as well?

yes that is also to get the fob coded, 55 for fob 65 for coding all plus vat!

bit steep for something which should not take long

I know how to code the key fob, if you wanna have a try. Not sure if it adds units or just recodes to the new one, but it'll save you a bit of money :thumbsup:

If you wanna give it a try, let me know and I'll PM you as don't want it on a public forum really :ph34r:

Sound like a lot of lolly. :(

Mine came with 2 but neither seem to work all that well and i have put new baterys in each. Locking is ok but unlocking is a pain in the *****. It sometimes taes over a min to get the dam door open. :censor: NOT good when its P$£"ing down with rain. Any thoughts? :help:

Sound like a lot of lolly. :(

Mine came with 2 but neither seem to work all that well and i have put new baterys in each. Locking is ok but unlocking is a pain in the *****. It sometimes taes over a min to get the dam door open. :censor: NOT good when its P$£"ing down with rain. Any thoughts? :help:

I think it must be through wear and tear on the contacts inside as same happened with mine, but once I replaced the fob it was fine :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links