Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Plans Halt To Car Production

Raistlin

Toyota has announced production at its factories in France and Britain will be stopped for nine days amid falling sales that it partly blamed on its recent recall problems.

It will suspend output at its plant in France for four days starting on April 6.

It will also stop production at its two factories in Britain.

"In France, we're reviewing production because of the impact of recall problems," a spokeswoman said.

The closures in Britain were part of previous plans, she said, but also due to sluggish car sales in Europe.

In early June, Toyota also plans to halt one of its two assembly lines at its Burnaston plant in Britain for another five working days, she said.

The stoppages come after Toyota recalled 8.5 million vehicles globally over braking problems in its Prius hybrid, sticky accelerator pedals and pedals that stuck under floor mats.

Toyota's sales in the EU sank 20% in February from a year earlier - even though overall EU car sales rose 3%.

In the US sales fell 9% in February, prompting the company to launch a series of incentives to lure back buyers.

I guess this had to happen and in some respect I am surprised that Toyota got away with this for so long. At least it is not as bad as the 3 month shut down that Honda undertook :huh:

• 3 months later...

So…whats the intent here. As far as I can tell…these cars will be too expensive to own and operate for the average family and they will not meet their needs. I really want an answer because from my spot in the back seat…we are heading down the wrong path. If the intent is to force a change to my lifestyle Im getting back in the driver seat and my answer is NO!

You all need to go back to the drawing board. And this time…instead of waiting for some other country to figure out the answer for us…start working on the solution ourselves. Since our household incomes have been dramatically reduced the solution needs to be a low cost alternative fuel that allows us to maintain our previous standard of living. From everything I have read the electric vehicle isnt it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links