Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Builds A New Prius Factory.

Fujisan

"Toyota Prius production is to be ramped up, with Toyota building a third factory in Japan despite falling sales caused by the recent global recalls."

Full story here.

"Toyota Prius production is to be ramped up, with Toyota building a third factory in Japan despite falling sales caused by the recent global recalls."

Full story here.

Sorry posted in wrong thread.

Stompe

Full story here.

Surely they're hedging their bets on the demand going up.... either that or even with the drop in sales they're already maxed out on production.

Can't see it being a PR stunt somehow.

Surely they're hedging their bets on the demand going up.... either that or even with the drop in sales they're already maxed out on production.

I had a look around last night (but didn't have time ....or the energy :yawn: to add anything here) and it seems the story first came out a few weeks ago and roughly it goes like this:

"Japanese car manufacturer Toyota has announced that it is considering expanding production of its hybrid Prius model to a third factory.

The firm may begin building the Prius cars at its factory in Motomachi, according to a report in local newspaper the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun. The source said that the firm is considering producing around 6,000 cars at the plant."

So it would seem they may be considering using spare capacity at the Motomachi plant to increase production.

From what I read I believe Motomachi produced the orginal Gen I Prius. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links