Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Arch Rolling

BRIDGES

Hey all,

What are the benefits of arch rolling. I see on other forums people have it done all the time but I dont have a clue what it involves and the benefits of it being done?

Any one have an idea

Ta :thumbsup:

could be wrong but dont think its any use to us, alot of cars have a bit lip on the inside of the arch, to be able to lower the car more you got the lip squashed back to nothing, but as there is no real lip on ours i think its pointless, maybe worth getting the arches pulled though, would be a nice aggreccive, would look like a new focus rs :thumbsup:

It's a VW thing really as most of us don't go as low as most there is really no need for it on a Corolla waste of time really.

It's just to help you go lower. They do look nicer when pulled but it involves many hours of skilled men toiling away to remove any imperfections once it has been pulled. Not worth it IMO... Don't go to a garage because you will be murdered on the price, and only do it yourself if you know how to. ;)

ta for the replys. I was just wondering as with the 18" and lowered 45mm it rubs a little. Or if i save for coilys would this reduce the rubbing as the shocks are stiffer?

ta for the replys. I was just wondering as with the 18" and lowered 45mm it rubs a little. Or if i save for coilys would this reduce the rubbing as the shocks are stiffer?

aw your in the same boat as me lad, :crybaby:

well iam only lowered 40mm but 18s aswell, was grand for the first 2 weeks but now the springs have fully set on shes rubbing like a mo fo :(

iam contimplating coilovers or back to 17s or origional springs....???????

cant keep driving the way i am or ill clean the arch out of it :o

as i say there aint much left to be rolled on ours and as said pulling the arches can go very wrong, it can really mess up the paint if pulled too far, i would think along the same road as me, iam sure ill end up getting coilovers but for the minute might put the 17s back on

coilovers won't really make much of a difference, it's the offset of the wheel that pushes it out towards the arch lip. i have 16's on my E11 but when it was fully laden on a wheels with a 35 offset i suffered from arch rubbing, however i now use the same size wheel with a different offset (i've also stripped out the rear so there is never any worry about too many passengers or stuff). oh i was running a decent size profile on my 16's which is why they rubbed.

I had to get the rear arches on my 93' Corolla rolled after I got it lowered due to the offset of my wheels. Hasn't scraped since. Definitely better than replacing the tires every few thousand miles, lol.

I had to get the rear arches on my 93' Corolla rolled after I got it lowered due to the offset of my wheels. Hasn't scraped since. Definitely better than replacing the tires every few thousand miles, lol.

get the correct offset wheels i had loads of probs with arches on my astra 16v many years ago,it was a real headache never again!

get the correct offset wheels i had loads of probs with arches on my astra 16v many years ago,it was a real headache never again!

Easier to just roll the arches than compromise by getting a different set of wheels.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links