Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.0D Engine Noise From Cold Start

tonycommander

When i start my car ( 2.0 diesel engine... 2008, 3500 miles..) from cold and start driving it sounds like a right old bag of spanners when the revs rise above 1500 - 1800 rpm...

It does quiten down after a couple of miles, but it does make the most unholy noise for the first 5-10 minutes.

is this normal?

Yes the D4D engines are noisy when cold, but you should have it looked at just to make sure there are no injector problems with it

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes the D4D engines are noisy when cold, but you should have it looked at just to make sure there are no injector problems with it

Kingo :thumbsup:

cheers fella... once i have been moving for 10 mins at most i cant hear it!

problem is, it's only when stone cold... i can live with it!

Mine is the same until the temperature gauge reaches the middle, if you check your's i'm sure you'll notice the same!!

Mine is the same until the temperature gauge reaches the middle, if you check your's i'm sure you'll notice the same!!

thats probablly right... malvern to the top end of the new bridge....

thats probablly right... malvern to the top end of the new bridge....

When i start my car ( 2.0 diesel engine... 2008, 3500 miles..) from cold and start driving it sounds like a right old bag of spanners when the revs rise above 1500 - 1800 rpm...

It does quiten down after a couple of miles, but it does make the most unholy noise for the first 5-10 minutes.

is this normal?

I raised this topic december after suffering the same problems, My car was perfect from new then may 2009 on its 2nd service an emissions recall was carried out which meant an ECU remap, my car was very noisy on the cold start sounded like a pinking rattle from engine. MrT tried to fob me off with the "no one else has a problem with the remapping" After months of complaining they finally had it in and told me the injectors needed replacing??? so MrT done the work and the car remained the same!!!! took it back moaning like you do, told them fix it or reset ECU back to original settings, MrT contacted toyota in Brussels who gave them new ECU codes after admitting there had been issues with remapping. car now 90% quieter on the cold start!! so my advice to you is read my previous topic [auris D4D pinking] and talk to MrT. hope this helps you cos there is a cure, if you can get toyota to admit to the problem

ohhhh. thankyou.. thankyou very much...

is this normal?

I raised this topic december after suffering the same problems, My car was perfect from new then may 2009 on its 2nd service an emissions recall was carried out which meant an ECU remap, my car was very noisy on the cold start sounded like a pinking rattle from engine. MrT tried to fob me off with the "no one else has a problem with the remapping" After months of complaining they finally had it in and told me the injectors needed replacing??? so MrT done the work and the car remained the same!!!! took it back moaning like you do, told them fix it or reset ECU back to original settings, MrT contacted toyota in Brussels who gave them new ECU codes after admitting there had been issues with remapping. car now 90% quieter on the cold start!! so my advice to you is read my previous topic [auris D4D pinking] and talk to MrT. hope this helps you cos there is a cure, if you can get toyota to admit to the problem

I have your Auris. Try changing your fuel. I use standard Sainsbury/Tesco now but when I used Total Excellium there was allot more noise and smoke from cold starts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just another one to point out the same thing. First thing when driving to work it sounds like a 15 year old Ford Transit - but after a few minutes it is silent enough.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links