Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner

outlawprius

Just popping to say Hi, I am waiting for delivery of my "new" gen 2 prius T-Spirit, in Met. Blue 2007 model, leather etc and only 7K on the clock. it was a fleet demonstrator so has everything added to it and all for 10.5K from my local Toyota dealer. Coming from a turbo Lexus IS200 with 300BHP, so looking to save a few £'s on fuel and a more relaxed and quiet drive. Currently I spend £90 a week in petrol in a car that gets 19 MPG if driven nicely and 12mpg if driven as it should be...........

Looks like an interesting forum, but the thread layout is truly the worst I have ever seen, is there anyway to see the replys to posts without having to press each reply on a "family tree" like list?? Most forums have all replys one after the other?

Welcome to the forum, we have recently had a rejig here and opinion is I must say divided as to whether things have improved!

Hope you enjoy your Prius, gotta say that sounds like a good price for what you got, Feel free to let us know your thoughts as you get to know your new purchase!

Looks like an interesting forum, but the thread layout is truly the worst I have ever seen, is there anyway to see the replys to posts without having to press each reply on a "family tree" like list?? Most forums have all replys one after the other?

There must be some config you can do because I see all the posts in a thread one after the other (and always have done) so no need to go mad with the mouse clicks for me.

Edit:

I think I have found it...

Go to the forum home page http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/

On the right hand side you will see your username and a SETTINGS option.

Click on Settings.

On this page, you will see some TABS, the Settings tab is shown initially.

The tabs go Settings, Profile, Forums, Gallery.

You need to click on the Forums tab.

Make sure you click the correct Forums option (there are a few dotted around).

When the Forums settings page is displayed, at the bottom you will see your viewing preferences and 'Topic Display Mode'.

Mine is set to STANDARD.

Try changing yours and see what happens.

There must be some config you can do because I see all the posts in a thread one after the other (and always have done) so no need to go mad with the mouse clicks for me.

Edit:

Click on Settings.

When the Forums settings page is displayed, at the bottom you will see your viewing preferences and 'Topic Display Mode'.

Mine is set to STANDARD.

GENIUS!!

Mine was set to outline, now standard so I can see the whole story!!

Edit:

Click on Settings.

Mine is set to STANDARD.

GENIUS!!

Mine was set to outline, now standard so I can see the whole story!!

yea a good price thats why I got it. I only went in to have a test drive so I could cross the Prius off the list, the only other contender was the Civic Diesel, but for 10K they all seam to be fairly high miles and leather and sat nav was rare

I only went in to have a test drive so I could cross the Prius off the list

Pretty much the same here. I'm test driving a BMW 320d ED tomorrow, but it will cost me twice as much in tax so it will have to knock the socks off the Prius.

Ian

Welcome. You will not regret getting the Prius. Reliable good service and cheaper running costs. we cannot ask for much more.

Happy motoring. Chris.

That looks like an excellent price...dealers certainly have to work hard on price these days.

I still can't believe the price, they had 2 on the forecourt. one a 56 in poor condition, stone chips on the bonnet, RUST showing next to the tail gate where a bit of paint had been damaged, they wanted £12999, and an 07 T4 with 30K for £1399. I said about the damage, and that didn't move the price, so I said then its a Civic that gets my money, showing him a grand in the hand as I was serious.

I was 1/2 way into the MR2 when the sales guy came running over with a story that there was an 07 with only 7k on the clock I could have for £10500, because it was not at the showroom, not being financed and no px, so a clean in and out deal that the dealer was acting as a "broker" - be stupid not to go for it really, so now the waiting game whilst it is brought in from Toyota HQ, serviced, cleaned etc. It was a fleet demo car. Still getting 1 year warranty and all the usual dealer perks. Haven't actually seen the car yet - it better be OK :D

I still can't believe the price, they had 2 on the forecourt. one a 56 in poor condition, stone chips on the bonnet, RUST showing next to the tail gate where a bit of paint had been damaged, they wanted £12999, and an 07 T4 with 30K for £1399. I said about the damage, and that didn't move the price, so I said then its a Civic that gets my money, showing him a grand in the hand as I was serious.

I was 1/2 way into the MR2 when the sales guy came running over with a story that there was an 07 with only 7k on the clock I could have for £10500, because it was not at the showroom, not being financed and no px, so a clean in and out deal that the dealer was acting as a "broker" - be stupid not to go for it really, so now the waiting game whilst it is brought in from Toyota HQ, serviced, cleaned etc. It was a fleet demo car. Still getting 1 year warranty and all the usual dealer perks. Haven't actually seen the car yet - it better be OK :D

I don't understand the mindset of some dealers. Where I bought my Gen II, they weren't prepared to budge an inch on a demonstrator T-Spirit with just under 10,000 miles, while they were happy to negotiate for a new one. Result a new one for very little more than the well used demonstrator.

BTW, don't touch a Civic with a barge pole. Have a look at http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-and-irritations/. There are pages and pages of problems that Honda haven't resolved. I P/X'd mine for the Gen II because it was showing signs of dual mass flywheel collapse, and my wife couldn't take the spine jarring effects of going over potholes. There was also a recall outstanding to replace failing handbrakes. But before that it had:

• A month with a tarpaulin in the boot because the two halves of the rear windscreen weren't fixed together properly
  • Rear springs fitted upside down
  • Faulty shock absorbers - only replaced if customer complained, even though a known faulty batch
  • Self destructing foglights
  • Sticking petrol filler cap - at least 3 fixes
  • Faulty microphone for hands free telephone
  • Terrible FM reception
  • Front door handles replaced
  • No rear windscreen wiper
  • No spare wheel
  • Doors filled with water

And that is just from memory. I know there were more. And many people had much worse experiences than mine.

WOW looks like I had a lucky escape. Honda was always such a good reliable brand, at least when Toyota has its "issues" they were man enough to hold their hands up and do a global recall.

Picking it up from Milton Keynes Toyota at 12.30 today, they have even put my personal number plate on for me, so thats a trip to DVLA saved.

Looking forward to some feedback on the new motor, Outlaw. I am consideing a Prius after the Yaris.

Just popping to say Hi, I am waiting for delivery of my "new" gen 2 prius T-Spirit, in Met. Blue 2007 model, leather etc and only 7K on the clock. it was a fleet demonstrator so has everything added to it and all for 10.5K from my local Toyota dealer. Coming from a turbo Lexus IS200 with 300BHP, so looking to save a few £'s on fuel and a more relaxed and quiet drive. Currently I spend £90 a week in petrol in a car that gets 19 MPG if driven nicely and 12mpg if driven as it should be...........

NICE .... Just swapping a 307 dTurbo for a new adventure 06 T Spirit. Luckly I know an owner with years of exp and have been assured the new buy is a no brainer.....

even looking at the plugin option for the future ..... 150 mpg ..... but I tink I'll need to get familiar with the car first....

WOW looks like I had a lucky escape. Honda was always such a good reliable brand, at least when Toyota has its "issues" they were man enough to hold their hands up and do a global recall.

Picking it up from Milton Keynes Toyota at 12.30 today, they have even put my personal number plate on for me, so thats a trip to DVLA saved.

I think it is just the Civic. The trouble was that the response from Honda and its Customer Services was to bury their heads in the sand. And the problems are ongoing...

Anyway, you should enjoy the Prius. It's much quicker than most people think, and it's a really relaxed drive.

Welcome to the World of Toyota reliability.

10.5K for a car with 7K was a good deal. Back in February many Toyota dealers were asking far more than that for higher mileage cars of the same age or older. When I was looking for mine, I contacted a number of Toyota dealers. Two over 60 miles away added me to their emailing list, a local one made no attempt to contact me at all and another slightly further away whilst giving the sales talk was not that proactive in contacting other dealers to see if they had the model I was after. Given that Toyota list all approved Toyota cars on the main website, you would have thought that they would have come up with some sort of policy of matching a car with a buyer.

As it is, I got mine from a general dealer 200 odd miles away, even though it is actually a local registered car! I had to pay extra for a one year RAC warrenty, but it seems to be as good as what Toyota offer looking at the small print. It has got a stone chip, but that could have easily have happened on the journey back.

It was previously on a 3 year lease. Given the very comprehensive history on mine, I do feel that if lease companies offered their end of lease cars to the general public rather than dumping them at an auction, then they might make a bit more money. As it is I am perfectly happy in having paid less than 8K on a just over 3 year old car.

Had the Prius since Sat. and so far its doing an indicated 50 - 51MPG, so if this is anyway near true that will be a saving if around £75 a WEEK in petrol alone, then theres the £10 road tax and insurance is £300 less a year all adds up to massive savings:blink:

The ride is ever so soft, the acceleration is slow (well I did used to have 301BHP everything feels slow after that), the seats are not that great even in leather - but all of those are largely irrelevent as I still have an MR2 turbo for playing about with :D

we find that the drive is so much more relaxed, not looking for the next car to overtake, taking it easy and really enjoying the drive to and from work, its 15 miles each way and I can honestly say, driving at sensible speeds we only take 2 or 3 mins more to do the same journey, then when we were in the Lexus never really going below 60-80MPH. Happy with it so far, but the handling will have to be improved at some point.......

... theres the £10 road tax ...

...the acceleration is slow...

Happy with it so far, but the handling will have to be improved at some point.......

Sounds like you have a gen2 prius. Try the gen3 they have made a lot of changes :)

Edit:

Just seen your 1st post. You do have a gen2.

Yea a gen 2 Gen 3's are still silly money :)

When the gen3 came out it was the about same price as the gen2 it replaced.

I got a new gen3 on the scrappage deal so it wasn't that much more than the price of an under 3 year old gen2 (which is what I was thinking of getting).

There have been a few price hikes since then and I guess second hand prices have dropped a bit so the gap is a bit bigger.

Enjoy :) :)

How did you find the guys at the dealership? It is my local and I got on very well with the fleet sales guy, David Saunders, Uber helpful and a jolly nice chap!

Your comment about a more relaxed drive echoes my sentiments as well, I am never looking for that next overtaking moment, content to amble along grinning to myself and watching the MPG figure climb ever higher...and thats after over a year of ownership. I still look forward to making a journey, happy in the knowledge I will enjoy the trip. I love my Prius Lol!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links