Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tvss Iiib Alarm Fault

dickyc2

Hi guys just joined up because of my alarm fault on our 98 r reg rav edge, its the tvss iiib system thats fitted, wife parked up and lock the car with the fob, came back to unlock, nothing, managed to get car unlocked and drove home, the problem i have is the re sync process doesnt work and the indicators flash when the doors are opened and also when the ignition is swithed on, please help, because the wife now has the head on because the remote locking doesn't work.

p.s where is the control module for the alarm, because i have another alarm system to fit to the vehicle.

cheers rich.

Hi guys just joined up because of my alarm fault on our 98 r reg rav edge, its the tvss iiib system thats fitted, wife parked up and lock the car with the fob, came back to unlock, nothing, managed to get car unlocked and drove home, the problem i have is the re sync process doesnt work and the indicators flash when the doors are opened and also when the ignition is swithed on, please help, because the wife now has the head on because the remote locking doesn't work.

p.s where is the control module for the alarm, because i have another alarm system to fit to the vehicle.

cheers rich.

welcome to the forum. These systems are rather old, being fashioned from the era just after the old radio valves became extinct. You'll probably find the alarm module strapped to the metalwork under the radio and in front of the gearlever. Taking off the glovebox and right hand passenger kick panel should expose it. Let us know how you get on. I've removed three alarms from 1994/5 RAVs due to malfunction. On these though, the central locking remained. I wonder if the immobiliser part has already been disconnected?

cheers rich.

welcome to the forum. These systems are rather old, being fashioned from the era just after the old radio valves became extinct. You'll probably find the alarm module strapped to the metalwork under the radio and in front of the gearlever. Taking off the glovebox and right hand passenger kick panel should expose it. Let us know how you get on. I've removed three alarms from 1994/5 RAVs due to malfunction. On these though, the central locking remained. I wonder if the immobiliser part has already been disconnected?

the immobiliser is the passive system having the chip in the key, alarm now kaput, locking/unlocking car with key at the mo, indicators have now started to behave themselves will have a look at weekend and let you know. cheers rich.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links