Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Ingress In Rear Arches

RossGCX

The saga continues :D I was giving my car a good clean out and I took the rear mat out and I wondered why the side of the mat was wet so I looked down and to my horror there was a puddle of water.So I had a good feel around and found the arch cover on the inside was not wet but damp :crybaby: So I put the hose with a sprayer on mist to replicate driving on wet roads and watched.Yip there was small amount coming in but not serious I think its been coming in small amounts and building up.It only seems to be coming in the passenger side arch not the drivers side which you could say is a good thing :drool: It has to go in anyway because its starting funny in the morning sometimes too,I let the glow plug light go off,start it,it hesitates slightly then starts slightly roughly and a cloud of smoke comes out.The dealers were like "Oh great" but the warranty is up in two months so I want to get this sorted before it runs out :yes:

Trouble with water leaks is that it can be some way from where it actually collects. Once had a boot leak in a Carina 2 that I found was coming from the seal/gasket where the fuel filler is fixed to the bodywork. Easily fixed once found.

Hope you get it all sorted :)

Well taking from you past experience with your Carina I went out and sprayed some water around the fuel filler cap with a open ended hose and a minute later there was a puddle where I had found the water earlier.

I am pleased that I seem to have found the cause of the problem which I am sure my dealer will be pleased to hear that when I go in soon :rolleyes:

That's good :)

It's really easy to fix too... I just loosened the screws and worked some "dum dum" http://www.frost.co.uk/productList.asp?catID=13&frostCat=Bodywork&subcatID=21&frostSubCat=Miscellaneous. compound around and under the fitting. Never gave a moments trouble after that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links