Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Optional Hard Disk Sat Nav (T4 & T Spirit)

rogerbu

I complained to Toyota about the poor Route Selection capabilities of the optional (£1500) Hard Disk Sat Nav on my 59 T4.

The response has been to ugrade the SW from 2008-2009 Ver 1 CDDB 01029 to 2009-2010 Ver 1 CDDB 01727.

It would appear that this is largely a Navteq map update (welcome when done for free). It does not address any of the poor route selection issues nor the poor process for loading CDs onto the hard disk. I was informed that it would not improve the bluetooth issues (My bluetooth is basically ok)

I did not enquire what the retail charge was going to be for applying the update upon request.

I understand that there are updates available for most of the Sat Nav systems now.

You'll find that even thought the new 09/10 map is available but Toyota STILL have not developed the hardware and software to upload the maps to the HDD. I complained to Toyota last year and after following it up last month (because they never replied) I was told that the dealers still don't have the kit as Toyota are still developing it.

One thing I found is by interrogating the secret menu on the HDD you can turn the MIC UP to 5 and you're heard a lot more clearer and can hear clearer too

Hi Geordie Mick. You were right, up to now the dealers did not have the capability (tools & process) to upgrade the HDD SatNav system.

As part of the relaese of the Map Upgrade this capability is now available to the dealers.

In my case an Engineer from Toyota came down to my local Toyota dealer and led them through the upgrade.

My HDD SatNav has been upgraded from 2008/09 to 2009/10 as above.

....One thing I found is by interrogating the secret menu on the HDD you can turn the MIC UP to 5 and you're heard a lot more clearer and can hear clearer too

Can you please enlighten me as to how you did that :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links