Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Project Mr-92

dawesy

well got everything together to start the next evolution on the rolla.

i have a full suspension setup from an MR2 Turbo including subframe.

will be starting this week and keeping this thread updated with progress.

done some research and i dont think there is another mid-engined AE92 about so it should be unique and a bit nippy :wacko:

here starts project MR-92.

keep checking back for updates :thumbsup:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dawesy

• KPARRIS-JONES

• john905

• Fawbs

Good luck with the project! :thumbsup:

:lol: ;)

Finally! I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. :yes:

I hope all goes well. ;)

Good luck, I will looking out for the updates :D

Steve excellent link, if only, but TBH i dont think Toyota make any thing that'll handle the strain any more lol.

first job is dis-assembly and a fair bit of head scratching lol

If you ever need any help some weekend, just give me a text or whatever and I'll see what I can do. I'm not experienced with grafts like this but I may be of some use. :lol::thumbsup:

cheers guys.

KP ill keep that offer in mind, some times an extra pair of hands is handy :thumbsup:

Best of luck Lee thumbsup.gif

In addition to KP's offer i'm available to make faces and noises suggesting i know what i'm doing... before taking an extended British tea break ;) :lol:

Best of luck Lee :thumbsup:

In addition to KP's offer i'm available to make faces and noises suggesting i know what i'm doing... before taking an extended British tea break ;) :lol:

tea and cig break is mandatory LOL :)

Good luck with the project dawesy :thumbsup:

Im excited to keep an eye on this thread, I remember you saying something about it a while ago

and its good to see someone doing something very different!

I bet everyone whants to get in on this one, best of luck! :thumbsup:

will do. just broke a rev 1 for fensport so have most of the bits. will keep it in mind though

ok so not a lot done today (on nights and didnt get up till 12pm )

basically the days tasks involved getting rid of the scrap mr2 and turning the rolla round.

took some measurements from the mr2 and had a rough measure of the rolla.

front trailing arm mounts are about the same distance apart as the mr2. win!

hight of subframe mount to floor level about the same. win again!

width of subframe mounts MR2 is about 60mm wider than the rolla, fail!! going to be a tad more involved but defiantly doable.

will end up with more room infront of the engine than the mr2 as well which is a bonus.

looks like flared arches will be needed as well :yahoo:

Oh no!!! Not flared arches!? Can't believe you have to make the Corolla look better! That's a rip, give up and hand it to me. ;)

ok so got a couple of hours on it today.

removed the exhaust, rear subframe, arms and hubs and the fuel tank.

then out with the grinder. which left this sorry mess.

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

tomorrow going to get some supplies, sheet steel etc

had a better measure today. not got to extend the rear chassis rails out ward too far, looks like only 20-30mm so thats a bonus.

thanks for looking, more updates on the way

Nice one mate. wow, that rust really makes big holes in GTi's.... :P

i love my grinder lol.

actually found a patch on the drivers inner sill that needs attention. considering that the whole Shell was treated about 3 or 4 years ago im not happy. still with all the metal work ive got to do a bit more wont hurt

nasty, just noticed, do you have a spring kit rather than coilovers!?

hmmmm that roll cage looks familiar lol nice work mate good luck with the project :thumbsup:

cheers dude.

yep you saw right. gmax springs on the rear, uprated fensport ST-162 springs on the front and Koni adjustable's all round. works very well, although the setup may change to coilovers not sure.

might need to sell my fuel tank as well not sure that it will fit between the front chassis rails so may sell and have an ally one made up.

will be putting some more stuff up for sale. including AE-92 3S-GTE 3" stainless exhaust, rear fully poly bushed subframe with TSport rear disc setup and all tie rods.

early start tonight at work so no real time to do anything :(

very nice bud, hopefully it wont to many headaches, when you hopin to get it on the road?

do you no if you exhaust will fit my e10 aswell?

just caught up with the progress, looks like it'll be a beast when it's finished. keep us informed about the rear frame adjustment, i'm planning on fitting a gt4 rear subframe and want to know how fiddley it's going to be when it comes to sorting out the suspension geometry.

top work as always

hi john not sure, may do. the rear is the same on yours its just the fuel tank that's different IIRC. on mine the exhaust went round the fuel tank and the AE-101 it goes across it i think. could be made to work though.

ok so a bit more done today, still at the exploration stage seeing what fits and what needs mods.

got the MR2 subframe offered up in place, connected the trailing arm links to the rolla mounts. then fitted the MR2 hubs to the rolla shocks. not going to be quite as easy as planned but by no means impossible.

DSCF0003.jpg

wheel geometry is way out but this is only a test and see exercise at the mo.

first issue is the corolla mounts are further forward than the MR2 ones in relation to the wheel arch, which causes this concern...

DSCF0001.jpg

will need some custom tie rods making up, no big deal.

other than that the strut tops may need lifting 50mm or so depends how much the back drops when loaded.

plenty of room in front of the subframe to fit the lump, cross member in front of the subframe will be going soon.

DSCF0002.jpg

also a good point is the arch flare wont need to be too extreme..

DSCF0004.jpg

more to come soon....

thanks for looking

ok bud cheers will have a look at mine, what do you want for it? yours should look the nuts when done i see the yaris with engine in the rear that had flared arches

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links