Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What The Hell Is Going On!

Hoovie

It has just started snowing!  :blink:   In May!!  :eek:

I blame Gordon Brown  :thumbsup:

Guess I will see how well the Qashqai works in snowdrifts  :lol:

Any photos of said snow?

Yes I agree, the sooner Gorden goes the better our weather will be.

As my old mother used to say (amonst other things)the sun always shines on the rightous.

Theres a big black cloud hovering over me at the moment

Is that cashcow… sorry (Qashqai) a 4 x 4 or a tricky sometimes 2 wheel sometimes 4 wheel drive?

I’ve quite liked the look of them.

Are they any smaller (inside) than a 4.2 RAV?

Cheers! Nige.

Mine is the straight 2WD version. the 4WD version is a selectable 4WD, with a dial to select 2WD only, Lock to 4WD (split 50/50 front/rear I understand) or Auto mode.

Think the system is the Haldex system (or something like that?) which is same as the current RAV4 I believe.

Space wise, my head seems closer to the roof then in the RAV4, but the Qashqai is taller so bit unexpected, but generally speaking the interior feels roomier then the RAV4 overall. This is partly due to the panoramic glass roof which really makes the inside really light.

Quieter drive, but that is partly down to the RAV4 having quite chunky tyres compared to the Qashqai.

Ever thought the snow maybe be a punishment for buying a Datsun?? unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Ever thought the snow maybe be a punishment for buying a Datsun?? unsure.gif

laugh.gif

gawdamit man - yer a mudgerator - behave !!

Its snowed in east kilbride today and hailstones in Tollcross, Glasgow as I was delivering the mercedes Atego for a pair of new batteries. Can't wait for the delivery of the new JCB 515 next weeek - all wheel steering + 4x4 traction + single cab so no passengers!! And can run it on road with red diesel - yee-haaa :yahoo: :yahoo:

Think the system is the Haldex system (or something like that?) which is same as the current RAV4 I believe.

Wash your mouth out Hoovie!!!

Wash your mouth out Hoovie!!!

:lol: yeah the moment he's gone

[quote name='bothwell_buyer' date='11 May 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1273615935'

"Its snowed in east kilbride today and hailstones in Tollcross, Glasgow as I was delivering the mercedes Atego for a pair of new batteries."

Yup. a hailstorm turned the top of Dartmoor white for a while yesterday. We used to blame the bomb but what now? Seems a bit hard on a government of just a few hours standing to blame the politicians. Their fault from tomorrow on.

Mike D

Noticing that the oak is out before the ash this year down here

he hoovie, you beat me with your MPG :crybaby:

Wait until the first snow Biton. :naughty:

he hoovie, you beat me with your MPG  :crybaby:

Don't be cruel AM  :crybaby:

Just put some more of the smelly stuff in the tank.   OBC gave MPG as 42MPG, calculation for trip on spirtmonitor gave 47.4MPG - first time an OBC underreads the MPG!!  :thumbsup:

he hoovie, you beat me with your MPG  :crybaby:

Don't be cruel AM  :crybaby:

Just put some more of the smelly stuff in the tank.   OBC gave MPG as 42MPG, calculation for trip on spirtmonitor gave 47.4MPG - first time an OBC underreads the MPG!!  :thumbsup:

Second time Hoovs

On the way back from Big Kevs place up in the arctic mine was showing 43mpg on the trip computer at a steady indicated 75 (about 71 0n the satnav) it gave a calculated 51mpg. Shcm warned me to expect this as his does the same!

I am used to the RAV4.2 OBC - about as accurate as a election manifesto  :D

Wondering about the odomemter accuracy as well on the Qashqai.

On the RAV4, the trip and the Scangauge alway matched up perfectly.

On the Qashqai, the odeometer seems to overread.  eg. reset after filling up yesterday and after I did around 18 miles, there was a 0.5 mile difference.  Before that fillup , I did 120 miles and there was around 5 miles difference.  I need to do a run with a GPS really to check what the actual distance travelled is (maybe Scangauge is getting wrong info from EOBD?)

mmmmmm, just bought 24 litre for £10.12 at tesco :thumbsup:

guess what i run on 50% veg oil in my truck :yahoo:

:naughty:

you sure your truck will be ok on that long term??  lots of cars up here the farmers try to run on red diesel and they get screwed up after a few thousand miles.  I got 300 litres of Kerosene that could be going cheaper then £1 a litre if anyone fancies it  ;)

you sure your truck will be ok on that long term??  lots of cars up here the farmers try to run on red diesel and they get screwed up after a few thousand miles.  I got 300 litres of Kerosene that could be going cheaper then £1 a litre if anyone fancies it  ;)

profiteering greedy brgr I BUY THAT STUFF AT 57P A LITRE!

you sure your truck will be ok on that long term?? lots of cars up here the farmers try to run on red diesel and they get screwed up after a few thousand miles. I got 300 litres of Kerosene that could be going cheaper then £1 a litre if anyone fancies it ;)

i will never run any kerosene in my engine as it's being used in (red) degreasing tanks used to clean and degrease car parts... i know that as i worked for 2 years at a waste recycle company dealing with the motor and industry waste (oil, paint etc), they have yellow trucks hint hint. that's why i have an adr license.

you sure your truck will be ok on that long term??  lots of cars up here the farmers try to run on red diesel and they get screwed up after a few thousand miles.  I got 300 litres of Kerosene that could be going cheaper then £1 a litre if anyone fancies it   ;)

profiteering greedy brgr  I BUY THAT STUFF AT 57P A LITRE!

Bothy, where (& when)  are you buying from?? my last 500 Litres in April was 48p a litre (plus 5% VAT). 

i will never run any kerosene in my engine as it's being used in (red) degreasing tanks used to clean and degrease car parts... i know that as i worked for 2 years at a waste recycle company dealing with the motor and industry waste (oil, paint etc), they have yellow trucks hint hint. that's why i have an adr license.

I wasn't really being serious about running Kerosene.  More about that I have read that most newish Diesels cannot run on any kind of bio-diesel more then 5-10% in volume. 

If you are using cooking oil, then you could save even more by taking away the chippies old oil and use that .... To Greece via Grease

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links