Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sticky Faq

Dave R.

A question for this forum's moderator(s)....

Do you hav a facility for putting a "Sitcky" post at the top of the forum? I was thinking that there are a lot of recurring questions that could be served by a "Sticky FAQ". The things I am thinking of are:

1) Sat Nav - updates expensive, not scope for speed cameras

2) Batteries - 5 year warranty and not an issue

3) Driving as an electric Vehicle - does it automagically, and only for 1 mile or so and under 20mph

4) mpg - anything from high 40's to high 60s - see Fuelly for details

5) Auto Parking - bit of a gimic

6) Free service option - current view?

7) Tow-bar - not available

8) Brakes - no longer an issue

9) Getting stuck in snow - No - it just stops you spinning the wheels ineffectively!

Clearly there are lots more, but the list above is a "Starter for 10"

Though, of course, these would need expanding quite a bit!

Any Thoughts?

The car will run in EV up to 45mph if the road is totally flat in normal mode. You have to pulse (ie accelerate) and glide (i.e. lift off the throttle and gentley press it again to maintain speed) to invoke this. This is a new technique of driving and is well worth learning.

The car will run in EV up to 45mph if the road is totally flat in normal mode. You have to pulse (ie accelerate) and glide (i.e. lift off the throttle and gentley press it again to maintain speed) to invoke this. This is a new technique of driving and is well worth learning.

Splitting hairs slightly - when running in pulse and glide, you are more "freewheeling" than driving in EV :P but that's digressing from the point of this post..... I'd like to raise one of the forum moderators to see if we can get a "sticky post" (i.e. one that stays at the top of the list) containing answers to all the common "newbie" questions. Now, admittedly this forum isn't as bad for repetition as Toyota's official new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know/ blog when it comes to people asking the same questions over and over, but it seemed to be a good idea.

Just wondered what everyone else thought about the suggestion?

Just wondered what everyone else thought about the suggestion?

Hi, I agree: I think it would be a good idea to have a Prius/Hybrid FAQ at the top of this forum. There are "pinned" messages/threads at the start of some of the other TOC forums so clearly the facility is available here.

When I started researching the Prius the Toyota everything-you-need-to-know blog was quite new and it was possible to read through from start to finish but it is so big now it would put me off trying to find the answer to a specific query, so a summary article here would be very helpful (plus it is clear that some questions continually crop up).

Occasionally I'll get asked about my Prius. I think the two commonest questions asked by folk are:

-do you have to plug it in/how long does the Battery last? (A: you just drive it: you don't even have to think about the Battery if you don't want to)

-what sort of mpg do you get? (as per no. 4 on your suggested starter list)

plus another one related to the mpg: how far can you travel on a tank of fuel?

For owners there could be a section on stuff that's not in the user manual, e.g. IIRC the rear seatbelt information display is not mentioned in my (Gen 3) manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links