Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Corolla Steering Wheel

jonny__g

hi all

i was wondering is it possible to change my standard steering wheel on my 04 PFL corolla with the 't-shaped' ones on later and FL models? also, if possible, would i need any extra stuff to wire up the audio controls on the steering wheel as my current wheel doesnt support that function

cheers

j

or is there an existing audio remote 'plug-in' for the older style steering wheel? thats prob the only reason i was looking to upgrade the wheel as i miss that function from my old car. just wondered if this could be an easy upgrade to do

thanks again

j

I remember trying this on my facelift T3, I wanted a facelift t-sport steering wheel on it but it didnt fit. Airbags different and also the mouting, even the steering columns are different between pre and post

ok. what about adding steering wheel controls to my existing steering wheel?

has anyone added steering wheel controls to their corolla? i had a look under the plastic cowl and didn't see any spare wires, but perhaps there is a connector and the wiring could be bought to connect it to ste steering wheel buttons? any hwlp on this would be much appreciated guys

thanks

j

*Deleted*

I misinterpreted the question... sorry

You may need to get the wiring harness of a corolla that has the steering wheel controls, but i am not sure if it is seperate to the main loom.

If it is not then would you be prepared to remove your dash and change the whole thing?

Anyone got their steering wheel off atm to see if its part of the main dash harness?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links