Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swapping RAV4 for a Yaris Cross

ColinB

I've decided to change my RAV4 for a Yaris Cross, originally I needed a car capable of carrying four people in comfort but now it will normally only be the two of us with one occasional passenger. MrsB hasn't driven the RAV4 as it's too big - but then again her own car is a Toyota IQ. The idea is that the we can share driving and it will be easier to park and also more manageable down narrow Cornish lanes that we often visit. With a decent trade in offer from our dealer I decided to go for the Premier Edition with the more powerful engine and lots of toys. I will miss the comfort of the RAV4, but not trying to park it in multistory car parks with small spaces and tight corners. 

• Like 7

Hi

Get the suv pack, side steps mudflaps and more tech ie 360 cameras and you will thoroughly enjoy a yaris cross.

• Like 2

Good choice.
The Yaris cross is very much a reduced size rav4 and you will enjoy it as much as it’s bigger sister. 🚙👌

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Whosthedaddy said:

Hi

Get the suv pack, side steps mudflaps and more tech ie 360 cameras and you will thoroughly enjoy a yaris cross.

I'm not a fan of side steps, I keep bashing my songs on them. 

The Premier Edition comes with 360 cameras 🙂

• Like 2

….. not  a fan of side steps there can and do get very mucky and this can often get deposited on trousers or legs.

• Like 2

It’s a pity that Toyota decided not to import the Corolla Cross to the UK. Smaller than the RAV but larger than the Yaris Cross.

• Like 8

They probably thought there'd be too much overlap between the 3 models.

The RAV4 has put on a lot of weight over the years though - I saw one parked between an original RAV4 and an old Land Cruiser and it dwarfs both of them :laugh: 

9 hours ago, robo1 said:

It’s a pity that Toyota decided not to import the Corolla Cross to the UK. Smaller than the RAV but larger than the Yaris Cross.

Totally agree, it would have been a serious option for me when I decide to give up the R4P.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

They probably thought there'd be too much overlap between the 3 models.

The RAV4 has put on a lot of weight over the years though - I saw one parked between an original RAV4 and an old Land Cruiser and it dwarfs both of them :laugh: 

Nothing to do with overlap otherwise why would they sell them all in EU markets? It is more complex and as much about the pushing of car manufacturers to sell a mandated percentage of EV’s and fines for not doing so. The choice of new ICE powered cars on the market from all brands is rapidly diminishing. Another factor is the CHR is more profitable so for the UK that is the focus. 

Read somewhere that the rumour was that Toyota UK we’re not keen on bringing the Corolla Cross to the UK market as the other Corolla models are manufactured here and they were worried that the Corolla Cross would take sales from the other models ? 

3 hours ago, robo1 said:

Read somewhere that the rumour was that Toyota UK we’re not keen on bringing the Corolla Cross to the UK market as the other Corolla models are manufactured here and they were worried that the Corolla Cross would take sales from the other models ? 

Very likely imo. It’s a business strategy. 
I have seen the Corolla cross in person last month in Bulgaria and  it’s very good car, super basic design in comparison to Yaris cross or the more extravagant CH-R but more practical. Also in this country and towns I visited  the most popular new cars were Toyota models and many of which were non hybrids. They just everywhere. 
There is a great opportunity in uk for selling non hybrid Toyota cars and they missed  on that , especially in areas that aren’t as dense populated as London and other big cities, a small petrol manual car can be a great choice. But no Aygo. X no no no. 
I know Toyota read here every day so please think on that again - Yaris, Yaris cross and Corolla should be offered as non hybrid options. 

13 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Very likely imo. It’s a business strategy. 
I have seen the Corolla cross in person last month in Bulgaria and  it’s very good car, super basic design in comparison to Yaris cross or the more extravagant CH-R but more practical. Also in this country and towns I visited  the most popular new cars were Toyota models and many of which were non hybrids. They just everywhere. 
There is a great opportunity in uk for selling non hybrid Toyota cars and they missed  on that , especially in areas that aren’t as dense populated as London and other big cities, a small petrol manual car can be a great choice. But no Aygo. X no no no. 
I know Toyota read here every day so please think on that again - Yaris, Yaris cross and Corolla should be offered as non hybrid options. 

It’s a business strategy to avoid the stupid EV mandate fines the unelected CCC have imposed on the public and business. Nut zero will kill the UK economy and car sector even quicker. 

Once you try the 360 Cameras, you'll never want to go without, they are extremely clear and accurate on my YC Premiere Edition, so glad I went for them.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links