Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg Question

alositha

since the purchase of my new prius I have done my second fill up. for a 35.89 litres I have done 507 mile. this include a two hour trip on the motor way and the rest is just around the town. so my calculated MPG (imperial) is 59.22 but the tripometer gives me 53MPG is this done using US gallons? calculation gives me 49MPG (US). i am bit confused!! have you got any ideas?

cheers

since the purchase of my new prius I have done my second fill up. for a 35.89 litres I have done 507 mile. this include a two hour trip on the motor way and the rest is just around the town. so my calculated MPG (imperial) is 59.22 but the tripometer gives me 53MPG is this done using US gallons? calculation gives me 49MPG (US). i am bit confused!! have you got any ideas?

cheers

I find the trip value for m.p.g. unreliable. It is never accurate and the inaccuracy is not consistent.

I filled up yesterday when the trip was showing a tank value of 61.7 m.p.g. The real value (calculated) was 57.86 m.p.g.

However, I cannot get to grips with your calculation either.

35.89 litres is about 7.89 UK gallons or 9.48 US gallons and that gives either about 64.25 m.p.g. (UK) or 53.48 m.p.g. (U.S.)

The tripometer is certainly optimistic in the 2nd Gen. Car tells me I have returned 53.3mpg since opening an account with Fuelly. The actual return is somewhat lower, but still pretty damn good :thumbsup:

Is this a full fill up? The tank is larger than 35.89 litres - I think both the 2nd and 3rd gen have a 42 litre tank. Was some of your 507 miles done on petrol that was in the tank before your last fill up?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links