Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carpark Dings

The Dev

Good evening chaps

Only had my 2006 xt4 since april but already have a carpark ding in both rear wheel arches :censor: .

I wouldnt care but i delibrately park as far away from other cars as possible. My latest ding was from a Type 2 camper van who i parked nearly 3 feet from !. He was gone when i returned but the orange paint on my rear arch told the story.

As far as i know these dings cant be tapped out due to the double skin in the rear arch. I dont want to start painting the car if it is avoidable.

Any ideas guys ?

My thought are to fit the plastic wheel arch extension/moulding that are fitted to the T180s. Has anyone done this ?. Does anyone know if they come pre painted or do they need painting ?, are they expensive ? are they difficult to fit ?

Thanks in advance chaps

Andy

having had one of my RAVs from 1994, I would make sure that the metal both inside and outside of the ding is protected from rust. I think there is a method of pulling out a dent using a self-tapper or something?

Andy - whichever way you decide, you realise that you need to attend counselling. This is a traumatic experience and you don't want to end up going round carparks, torching campervans. If you manage to geta blue Badge, then that can help....

or park across 2 bays like wot I do.

Or buy a second vehicle like a tank and go round car parks collecting 'protection' fees to pay for the aforementioned damage!

I just cannot handle eejits that prang another car then drive away.

having had one of my RAVs from 1994, I would make sure that the metal both inside and outside of the ding is protected from rust. I think there is a method of pulling out a dent using a self-tapper or something?

Andy - whichever way you decide, you realise that you need to attend counselling. This is a traumatic experience and you don't want to end up going round carparks, torching campervans. If you manage to geta blue badge, then that can help....

or park across 2 bays like wot I do.

Or buy a second vehicle like a tank and go round car parks collecting 'protection' fees to pay for the aforementioned damage!

I just cannot handle eejits that prang another car then drive away.

Your right about counselling :help: , my last car was the Celica and the 1st year of owning it i had 3 carpark dings :censor: . I got to the point were when i had to park next to another car i felt like giving it a good kick as soon as i got out of my car !. The idea being that they were going to ding my car so i may as well ding theirs 1st !. I never did this of course but thats how wound up i was.

I have on occassion parked across 2 parking spaces. I'm not proud of it though. In a supermarket carpark as far away from the shop i dont mind taking 2 spaces but private pay and display jobs its a bit more tricky :thumbsup: .

Good evening chaps

My thought are to fit the plastic wheel arch extension/moulding that are fitted to the T180s. Has anyone done this ?. Does anyone know if they come pre painted or do they need painting ?, are they expensive ? are they difficult to fit ?

Thanks in advance chaps

Andy

I looked into fitting the wheelarches off a T180 + frankly they are a NO NO! there was a Toyota dealer do'ing them as a kit in California + yes they were available pre painted, I can't remember the price but seem to think about $450 + shipping to UK :unsure: If you go on RAV4 world + search for (fender flares) they will come up..If you aproach your local dealer + can persuade him that they will fit, he will price each individual part 6 large pieces about 100 clips + screws + sealing strips :rolleyes: it would be cheaper to buy a T180. then when you have them you will have to drill about 10 holes in each wing for the retaining clips to slot into..I can't state this as fact but that is what i was lead to believe, mind you toyota reckon you cannot fit a T180 grille to a std RAV but you can :thumbsup: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links