Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Knocking Noise After Lowering?

MR LBe

hi all, recently changed springs on my rolla to lower by 35mm, all was well until one day i went over a small pothole and heard a knocking noise.

if i go over a speed bump with both wheels equal it doesnt do it but if one side goes over a bump and the other doesnt it knocks. any ideas what it could be, has anybody else had this???

driving and stering is absolutly fine but the noise is annoying lol

Knocking noise is from front only not sure exactly where

Could be worn suspension bush, best thing to do is raise the vehicle and have a check around on the offending side. if there is any play then you've found the culprit.

It is most likely to be your drop links, most times when you disturb them when lowering your car, they tend not to tighten up properly even if they feel tight.

I have got the same problem with my car but just never get round to replace them haha, I work on motors during the day an can't be assed with mine atnight lol.

New drop links an it should be sorted.

Matt

are lowering springs fine or is it better to use coil overs? i've asked a few of my friends who all say to use coil overs yet strangely they all have used springs to lower their cars, are they just using heind sight and wishing they used coil overs?

thanks guys,

is it easy/cheap to replace drop links or should i jus get them tighted up properly by the guy that lowered it for me? im assuming he should of checked them before giving me the car back and charging me 100 smackeroonies lol :wacko:

If it was me i would change them, i doubt they will tighten up anymore.

Looking at between £5 - £10 each, eBay has them or your local motor parts should stock them.

CorollaD4D:

It really depends on what you are after, i want coilovers but cant afford them so just got springs and im happy with them.

If you want to adjust the height of the car to suit you then coilovers are best but if you want to lowe it and not worry about setting it up the springs are better.

If it was me i would change them, i doubt they will tighten up anymore.

Looking at between £5 - £10 each, ebay has them or your local motor parts should stock them.

CorollaD4D:

It really depends on what you are after, i want coilovers but cant afford them so just got springs and im happy with them.

If you want to adjust the height of the car to suit you then coilovers are best but if you want to lowe it and not worry about setting it up the springs are better.

Cheerz geezer, think ill order them when i get home, il also take sum pics of air filter and get them up in the other post

I agree, springs are sufficient unless you go to track days and stuff and need to change ride height.

if id of had more money id of got coilovers instead of springs simply because it sounds cool saying ive got coilovers lol

:D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links