Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Would You Do?

Roo Ted

Hi all, does it matter in the long run, if you buy a new car, say in Dec 09 or Jan 2010..........Thoughts. :help: Dose its eventual trade in value differ?

If you replaced the car within 3 years or so then probably.The longer you keep it,the less difference if any there would be.

I am sorry to say that people in this country are somewhat stupid when it comes to buying a second-hand car.... they are driven by age rather than condition sad.gif

I bet many would prefer to buy a March 2005 car that has covered, lets say, 50000 miles with a less than fully documented service history rather then buy a September 2004 with 40000 miles with a full service record.

Am I incorrect? I suggest that I am not huh.gif

I make jw67 right when he refers to cars less than 3 years old yes.gif

Thanks guys.....Dealership have a Dec 09 ascent auto sedan and a June 2010 alternative vehicle to offer...... Here in Australia, the 2010 vehicle is the update model, mainly cosmetic with grill,lights,cd upgrade etc but dealership are only offering some no cost accessories/cruise control pack at drive away prices on the 2009 model........Thoughts...........

The only time it really makes a difference is when specs change. For example if there has been a facelift to a model range or a special edition or new trim level was introduced or removed from the market. In some cases this makes the older car a better proposition than the younger one, but this works the other way as well.

If of the two models you are comparing one has a better equipment level then that would be the one to go for.

I have a Verso SR the old shape (essentially a T3 spec with extras) but to get the same level of trim in the new range I would have to go for a T-Spirit. So for me the older SR is better than the newer car at the same trim/price range.

import one?? Describe it as a disabled mobility device.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links