Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Loss Of Power Problem.

barking mad

After alot or problems in June the Rav has been fine. However I went upto Chester on Saturday. Joined motorway pressed gas pedal to get to 70mph but hardly any power then only slowly built up speed. Then fine for a while, slowed up at roundabouts on A50 again no/little power accelerating away from roundabouts, shortly after no problem again. Went to Owestry and back from Chester on Sun no probs there or back. Also fine all the way home on sun evening. Tried OBD11 code reader but only comes up with connection error. Any ideas guys?

Just do a quick search for vsv using the search function at the lower left of the page. You should find plenty to read about :thumbsup:

dont type anything in the box just press search then on the next page fill in vsv and look in the RAV section.

Cheers Anchorman, unfortunately I tried this and all I get is 'No results found for 'vsv'.

Cheers Anchorman, unfortunately I tried this and all I get is 'No results found for 'vsv'.

Try search function in the top bar - type in RAV4 VSV

Nothing on vsv again?

There is a little valve that controls the turbo output. I will look for some info when I get the chance unless some kind person finds it for you first. There are several threads on the subject.

Nothing on vsv again?

Try this to get started:LINK

Cheers guys sounds like it could be a good candidate. I will try the WD40 route first and see where we go.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links