Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extra Storage Room

Ruud-from-Holland

I created some extra storage room for my iQ, because I want to go camping for a weekend.

Achter.jpg

Links-achter.jpg

Zijkant.jpg

Li-achter-kantel.jpg

Zij-kantel.jpg

• Like 1

Lol.

Wait for the questions...........

How will it affect your insurance ?

Are you sure it's not considered towing ?

I hope you've had the electrics tested by an auto electrician ??

:-) lololol

Si ;-)

Plenty of room for the football kit in there eh Ruud? :P :lol: ;)

You might just be able to store the Dutch team's yellow cards in that box. They collected enough of them last night. ;)

You might just be able to store the Dutch team's yellow cards in that box. They collected enough of them last night. ;)

A certain referee by the name of Webb fits perfectly.

It's a bit strange when a player gets a card, he cannot keep it.

Do you know the difference between a vuvuzela and a wife?

One makes a monotone nagging sound,

and the other:

is just a plastic whistle!

All joking aside Ruud................What a brilliant idea!

Do you have to be careful that you do not go overweight with it full of camping gear?

Hmmm I think it looks very strange! :unsure: When we go camping everything fits in very nicely thankyou without any extra space needed....I suppose it depends how much gear you need! Mind you it is very inventive :blink:

Very clever, I like it too. And professional looking.

Be careful of the driving dynamics and winds!

Do you have to be careful that you do not go overweight with it full of camping gear?

Thank you, yes, I have to careful not to overload, but that's the same as with my motortrailer. When I do not load that one properly it swings behind the bike. This box won't make the car swing, but it's better to put the "heavy" stuff below for tilting. It's just the tent (25 kg) and rest on top, like sleeping bags and pillows, because they take up a lot of space.

Thank you, yes, I have to careful not to overload, but that's the same as with my motortrailer. When I do not load that one properly it swings behind the bike. This box won't make the car swing, but it's better to put the "heavy" stuff below for tilting. It's just the tent (25 kg) and rest on top, like sleeping bags and pillows, because they take up a lot of space.

post-90634-127903444734_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

LOL - Good safety addition!

I love this storage solution. Nice work Ruud!

Is that a real tow bar you have attached? Can you show us pictures how that attaches to the car?

I love this storage solution. Nice work Ruud!

Is that a real tow bar you have attached? Can you show us pictures how that attaches to the car?

Yes, it's real, but I modified it myself, originally it's a Fiat Uno towbar. I hope you can see it on the pictures

Trekhaak-1.jpg

Trekhaak-2.jpg

Trekhaak-6.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong but are those exhaust pipes you see from the back just cosmetic design elements? Similar to cosmetic side or hood vents on some cars.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but are those exhaust pipes you see from the back just cosmetic design elements? Similar to cosmetic side or hood vents on some cars.

Yes, it's just for the "looks"

Achter-2.jpg

Yes, it's just for the "looks"

Achter-2.jpg

The Scion iQ that's being shown around the US has dropped that design element. I prefer that rather than cosmetic additions. (of course when they drop that in the V6 we'll need both exhaust pipes out the back)

• 6 months later...

I created some extra storage room for my iQ, because I want to go camping for a weekend.

Achter.jpg

Links-achter.jpg

Zijkant.jpg

Li-achter-kantel.jpg

Zij-kantel.jpg

It looks like you have ruined a good looking car. You could have used this http://www.carux.com/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links