Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Choosing Brakes Please

Mr_T_Sport

Hi all! I need new discs and pads all round and have been looking at many different combinations. I like the idea of having grooved discs but the sites i have looked on dont seem to stock them for the rear, so do any of you guys know of anywhere that has rear grooved discs in stock for the T Sport. I nearly bought some of eBay but my mechanic put me off, although they look good to me, has anyone got any experience with none branded discs?

As for pads i like the look of the ferrodo ds, but im worried how good they will work when cold, so would sticking the ferrodo pads on the front and sticking some oem pads on the back like say mintex would that be a good combination for both cold and hot braking or am i just being daft....... Again :lol: Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

I'm sure i've seen those somewhere before.... :lol: ;)

thumbsup.gif

:thumbsup: so far not even a squeek, even when hot. money well spent.

Mine have been on over 2 years and i've only just had to replace one pad as it had broken.... so back to a new set of Mintex on the front... and 3 pads with plenty of life left as spares!! :lol:

Mine have been on over 2 years and i've only just had to replace one pad as it had broken.... so back to a new set of Mintex on the front... and 3 pads with plenty of life left as spares!! :lol:

mr sunday driver is it :driving:

haha i've done about 24k on them and am heavy on the brakes... i was surprised that they were only about half worn!

Just done a search on google and i have not found one negative comment about them and you two seem impressed so i think i might just have to order some. Does the T Sport have same size discs as the compressor? Which is the correct size for rear discs as i seen it stated from 258mm upto 279mm, These MTEC ones are listed at 279mm! Any ideas about which pads to go for.

you get what you pay for tho i geuss. and a great responce to the original post.. buy mintex pads along with some drilled and grooved discs - DONE!! :yahoo:

The ones from MTEC fit perfect...

I'd say go for Mintex... other than the 1 broken pad i've had they've been fine!

thumbsup.gif

Just done a search on google and i have not found one negative comment about them and you two seem impressed so i think i might just have to order some. Does the T Sport have same size discs as the compressor? Which is the correct size for rear discs as i seen it stated from 258mm upto 279mm, These MTEC ones are listed at 279mm! Any ideas about which pads to go for.

i had a email after i put in my order just to confirm my car. . and yeah im sure the compressor has the same size discs ..maybe.... but in all i got my discs/pads within 2 days of order. Super smashing greaaaat

Lostitboy0198.jpg ummmmmmmmmmmmm shinny new discs lol lol

Lostitboy0198.jpg ummmmmmmmmmmmm shinny new discs lol lol

the hammer was only for cracking the caliper bolts off lol

Depends what you like... i got them mainly 'cos they looked good through the alloys! :lol:

:thumbsup: naaaa you dont wanna buy them. no really it was money well spent and i noticed the diff straight away even when running hot they still do the job better then standard non grooved discs when cold

Depends what you like... i got them mainly 'cos they looked good through the alloys! :lol:

mine get coverd by my ghastly alloys :crybaby:Lostitboy0199.jpg

Looking sweet! Cheers for your fast replys, you two should be salesmen for mtec cos im off to buy them :thumbsup:

:lol:

If you want a hand fitting them give me a shout thumbsup.gif

Cheers mate, thing is i have no tools or know how so im next to useles on cars and i feel i would be taking advantage of your kind offer :lol:

I was always put off of drilled discs cos of the stories you hear about them cracking, but if you have had them for 2 years then that gives me enough confidence to try them :thumbsup:

Looking sweet! Cheers for your fast replys, you two should be salesmen for mtec cos im off to buy them :thumbsup:

if it wasnt for norfolk id have spent roughly the same on just front non grooved discs from ebc... maybe norfs getting commision :jester:

Cheers mate, thing is i have no tools or know how so im next to useles on cars and i feel i would be taking advantage of your kind offer :lol:

I was always put off of drilled discs cos of the stories you hear about them cracking, but if you have had them for 2 years then that gives me enough confidence to try them :thumbsup:

:lol: offer's there if you need it dude... altho my labour rates are very expensive :P

if it wasnt for norfolk id have spent roughly the same on just front non grooved discs from ebc... maybe norfs getting commision :jester:

I wish he was!! :lol:

just wondering because i am coming up to a full service, will mintex pads for the t-sport be same direct fitment for comp?

Seen the Mtec deal on fleabay for all-round mintex pads and discs for comp, and was thinking about getting them. Think i will after a few testimonies on here lol.

just wondering because i am coming up to a full service, will mintex pads for the t-sport be same direct fitment for comp?

Seen the Mtec deal on fleabay for all-round mintex pads and discs for comp, and was thinking about getting them. Think i will after a few testimonies on here lol.

mine fit. did have to confirm my car and it all fit together smooooooothly :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links