Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idle Speed From Starting

broxibear

Hi

I have now owned my corolla sr for over 3 years and it is still revving up to 2000 rpm for anything up to 5 minutes from start up, i did actually mention this to the garage on more than one occasion and was told it was normal and it would get better as the engine got run in. Having now covered 26K miles i would say it is actually getting worse if anything. :angry: Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Seems a bit high mine is around 1500 dropping down to about 900.

There has been a discussion on here before about this have a look see if you can find it.

My 2.2 D4D Verso idles at about 1100 when cold and this drops to 800-900 once the engine has warmed up. If a garage ever says "that's normal" or "they all do that" I would ask for a test drive in at least 2 other cars they have for sale so you can verify this "fact". 2000 revs seems high as this starts to be the rev range (on the diesel) where the turbo would be spinning up.

Hi

Thanks for your replies i also think its a bit high and its not like it settles down in 1 to 2 mins i would say its normally about 4 to 5, i am going to mention it again when it goes in for a service and see what they say.

Thanks again

it is normal for it to be at 2k when started but i personally think it should drop after 1 minute as engine should be getting warmer already, thats the way it is with any petrol toyota i start, may be something up if it doesnt drop for 4-5 minutes.

best of luck with your search

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links