Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying Noise on Colorado

richarddg

I have recently bought a Landcruiser Colorado (LWB diesel auto).

It has developed an intermittent but persistent "rattle" which the dealer does not seem to be able to eradicate.

The noise only starts above 10mph, is worse on light throttle or overrun and is quite loud. The noise seems to be as loud on either side of the car and seems towards the front.

It is still there with the engine off and coasting in neutral , footbrake/handbake application makes no difference, the props have been greaesed and the front one even removed and again no difference. The front diff oil has also been changed.

The front cv joints have been checked for splits in their boots but nothing else.

Desperation is setting in!

The car has only done 28,000 miles.

Anyone got any ideas?

kind regards

this will sound silly but is the propshaft timed up???? look at each end and the yokes must be in line, take it to a garage they 'should' know what you are on about....]-------[ as in that! if its that then its a case of undoing one end and pulling the shaft off and moving round a spline or two, then regreasing, to be honest if and an transmision works ben carryed out then its possible its been over looked when the technicain was rushed to rebuild!!!

The problem was still there with the front prop removed.

I had a Mercedes G wagen before the Landcruiser and so have familiarity with that problem. On a G as the props are so heavily engineered failing to line up the 2 halves correctly leads to particularly nasty vibrations!

I must say despite the fact the Toyota is more raod frienly and lighter to handle I do still miss the G's charms. It was a shme they never built a RHD diesel with any poke.

kind regards

• 2 years later...

I know it was a long time ago now, but did you ever get the problem fixed ?

I have what sounds like exactly the same problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links